Is now the time?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Is now the time?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Is now the time?

I've been thinking about one of the Stag LH models for quite some time. Given recent events and the current state of the republic, is it time to take the leap? I am afraid if I don't, I may miss my chance to ever get one. What do you think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

americans are getting dumber and the last decade has shown a very disturbing trend of americans more than willing to give up liberty to totalitarians for the illusion of safety

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 12-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator
I've been thinking about one of the Stag LH models for quite some time. Given recent events and the current state of the republic, is it time to take the leap? I am afraid if I don't, I may miss my chance to ever get one. What do you think?
I bought two lowers today at my LGS. Before I can't.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2849 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 251

Hopefully you have not missed the boat. And why a left hand model. All newer AR's are left hand friendly with just the addition of an ambi safety.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 332 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I started a thread along these lines with a couple that my dealer has. I'm thinking the same as you are. Buy now before we get shutout. I can also see the prices skyrocketing if there gets to be serious AWB action in Congress.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #6

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Just keep in mind that a lefty has some proprietary parts and lefty parts arent as plentiful . You will not have a problem shooting a righty left handed . My buddy does it and it works just fine .Thats why they are so universal , you can still put ambidextrous controls on it and it will suite you needs just fine

Old 12-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #7

Thanks. The biggest reason for LH is ejection. I thought it was me, but I have a couple pistols that I could change the mag release on (Ambi), but I still get hit with brass fairly often. When watching my son shoot the same guns RH, the ejection is right and back. This puts me in the wheelhouse off the left hand. Not a big deal with a 9mm or .40 cartridge, but don't want to mess with it on an AR. I read really good stuff about Stag 2L model. Lots of lefties never have issues with RH guns, but I seem to be one of those exceptions.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #8

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

STAG makes a very good rifle and are one of the few that make lefty models. My $.02 ... don't wait ... hell, buy 2

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 12-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #9

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

If the rifle is working properly you will not get hit with brass using a righty, left handed

Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
If the rifle is working properly you will not get hit with brass using a righty, left handed
Maybe so, but I want my brass flying off to the left and I want the same operational conveniences designed for RH dominant in a LH version. That's just the way I roll. BTW, just finished up my order for the LH Stag 2L. Gonna be 4-6 weeks according to the website. Now for ammo research. I don't suppose they make LH ammo? LOL