Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Is now the time? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/now-time-78551/)

danolator 12-15-2012 11:29 PM

Is now the time?

I've been thinking about one of the Stag LH models for quite some time. Given recent events and the current state of the republic, is it time to take the leap? I am afraid if I don't, I may miss my chance to ever get one. What do you think?

JonM 12-15-2012 11:34 PM

americans are getting dumber and the last decade has shown a very disturbing trend of americans more than willing to give up liberty to totalitarians for the illusion of safety

Squawk 12-15-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danolator
I've been thinking about one of the Stag LH models for quite some time. Given recent events and the current state of the republic, is it time to take the leap? I am afraid if I don't, I may miss my chance to ever get one. What do you think?

I bought two lowers today at my LGS. Before I can't.

robocop10mm 12-16-2012 12:17 AM

Hopefully you have not missed the boat. And why a left hand model. All newer AR's are left hand friendly with just the addition of an ambi safety.

aandabooks 12-16-2012 12:29 AM

I started a thread along these lines with a couple that my dealer has. I'm thinking the same as you are. Buy now before we get shutout. I can also see the prices skyrocketing if there gets to be serious AWB action in Congress.

purehavoc 12-16-2012 01:34 AM

Just keep in mind that a lefty has some proprietary parts and lefty parts arent as plentiful . You will not have a problem shooting a righty left handed . My buddy does it and it works just fine .Thats why they are so universal , you can still put ambidextrous controls on it and it will suite you needs just fine

danolator 12-16-2012 07:24 AM

Thanks. The biggest reason for LH is ejection. I thought it was me, but I have a couple pistols that I could change the mag release on (Ambi), but I still get hit with brass fairly often. When watching my son shoot the same guns RH, the ejection is right and back. This puts me in the wheelhouse off the left hand. Not a big deal with a 9mm or .40 cartridge, but don't want to mess with it on an AR. I read really good stuff about Stag 2L model. Lots of lefties never have issues with RH guns, but I seem to be one of those exceptions.

dog2000tj 12-16-2012 09:20 AM

STAG makes a very good rifle and are one of the few that make lefty models. My $.02 ... don't wait ... hell, buy 2 ;)

purehavoc 12-16-2012 10:21 PM

If the rifle is working properly you will not get hit with brass using a righty, left handed

danolator 12-17-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc
If the rifle is working properly you will not get hit with brass using a righty, left handed

Maybe so, but I want my brass flying off to the left and I want the same operational conveniences designed for RH dominant in a LH version. That's just the way I roll. BTW, just finished up my order for the LH Stag 2L. Gonna be 4-6 weeks according to the website. Now for ammo research. I don't suppose they make LH ammo? LOL