Noveske vs Wilson Combat vs Anderson Manufacturing
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Noveske vs Wilson Combat vs Anderson Manufacturing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Noveske vs Wilson Combat vs Anderson Manufacturing

I am looking for some feedback. I have a number of AR 15 s. They are all nice and good quality. I am looking to purchase a higher quality AR and am wanting some opinions on Noveske, Wilson Combat (billet) and Anderson Manufacuring (billet) firearms. Let me know!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-24-2013, 03:50 AM   #2

Liked 599 Times on 319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs
I am looking for some feedback. I have a number of AR 15 s. They are all nice and good quality. I am looking to purchase a higher quality AR and am wanting some opinions on Noveske, Wilson Combat (billet) and Anderson Manufacuring (billet) firearms. Let me know!
I would go for the Noveske for sure. I don't own one but I have built with Noveske components. They do set the bar. Wilson combat is a good manufacturer but I don't think they are well known for AR's. Anderson makes nice weapons, but I don't know much about them. I can only comment that I have built with Noveske, and think they make great products.

Last edited by Sgt_Skrb_25; 04-24-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

If your talking wilson barrels thats something but wilson combat meh. Decent but overpriced.

My preference in ar15 is built myself from handpicked parts or bravo company. Ive got some noveske in my precision ar15 but for high end you can roll a better one cheaper than a name brand

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-24-2013, 05:32 AM   #4

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

Of those, it's not even close - you have to go with Noveske.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

If you are going to spend that much get a Noveske. You can't beat the quality. Wilson Combats are real good but I don't really like Some of the things Wilson has done in the industry. I know nothing of Anderson arms

Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #6

Great information so far. Here is something I should have mentioned, I also have a Sun Devil matched upper and lower that I can build my own with. So, buy a Noveske or build a custom? If I were to build a custom with the Sun Devil U&L and had about $2,000 to work with, what components would you recommend?

Old 04-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #7

Liked 599 Times on 319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs
Great information so far. Here is something I should have mentioned, I also have a Sun Devil matched upper and lower that I can build my own with. So, buy a Noveske or build a custom? If I were to build a custom with the Sun Devil U&L and had about $2,000 to work with, what components would you recommend?
I always say to build your own! I've done 13 now,I will not buy a finished AR. What are you going to use if for? That will dictate the build as far as barrel specs, BCG, gas ect. For barrels, i like Daniel Defense CHF barrels, Noveske barrels. For BCG's I like FailZero, Daniel Defense( which makes BCM their BCG's) , Les Baer Customs, or JP. Rails are really to preference as long as they are one pice free float. Triggers again are to preference, theres single or two stage and I actually prefer just a match grade kit over drop ins. There's a million opinions out there, but I guess it's up to you in the end. Just watch out for opinions from people who drink the marketing koolaide of certain companies, that just re-stamp products.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Depends on your end goal. Precise accurate varmint/target, service rifle, ohsht carbine, plinker, all are different builds with different source parts.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25

I always say to build your own! I've done 13 now,I will not buy a finished AR. What are you going to use if for? That will dictate the build as far as barrel specs, BCG, gas ect. For barrels, i like Daniel Defense CHF barrels, Noveske barrels. For BCG's I like FailZero, Daniel Defense( which makes BCM their BCG's) , Les Baer Customs, or JP. Rails are really to preference as long as they are one pice free float. Triggers again are to preference, theres single or two stage and I actually prefer just a match grade kit over drop ins. There's a million opinions out there, but I guess it's up to you in the end. Just watch out for opinions from people who drink the marketing koolaide of certain companies, that just re-stamp products.
Good point... I probably will not use it a lot. I primarily shoot hand guns and do a little small game hunting. So, to say what I am going to use it for is tough. I do not shoot the ARs I have now all that much. My plan is to build the "one of my dreams" that I will never part with. I will take it out a few times during the year and plink with it but will never put it through the ringer. I just like to own quality guns.
I am mechanically inclined so building one does not scare me. I just don't have enough knowledge on the AR components and manufacturers.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #10

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I started shooting handguns only, took a while for me to get into carbines. After shooting carbines, you never go back. I'm sure you'll see the difference the first shot you take.

I highly recommend building. Read the stickies to help you understand what you should be looking for. If you have specific questions, post them here and I'm sure you'll have us all jumping up and down with ideas for you.

I think a first build with a 16" medium contour barrel might be what you are looking for. But decide for yourself. If you already have a pair of nice receivers you can get some decent glass or optic in your $2k budget. I usually start a spreadsheet and put prices and shipping costs, and links to where I find the parts. Sometimes you will pay a little more for a part, but get to save on shipping if you order from the same source. So shop around a little. I usually like to build with a friend or two so share shipping costs.

Planning is the fun part. Take your time, prices and availabilities are a little limited right now but should be getting better and better in the next few months.

Don't forget to budget mags and ammo, and above all else, stay safe and have some fun!

Oh and btw, of the three in the OP, Noveske hands down. But also take a look at JP Enterprises, Lewis Machine and Tool, Daniel Defense, Bravo Company Manufacturing, Ranier Arms, Knights Armaments, LaRue, and I'm sure I missed a few, but you can't go wrong with any of these guys.

Last edited by AgentTikki; 04-24-2013 at 05:27 PM.