Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Noveske vs Dave Ramsey (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/noveske-vs-dave-ramsey-84172/)

TankTop 02-14-2013 03:20 AM

Noveske vs Dave Ramsey

Well that didn't last long... I was surprised how well my listing on armslist went, 48 hours and only one bozo. Some guy wanted to trade me an 870 that he said he has over $3000 into, is that even possible?

GeneralPatton 02-14-2013 03:20 AM

LOL, gold plated?

Squawk 02-14-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TankTop
Well that didn't last long... I was surprised how well my listing on armslist went, 48 hours and only one bozo. Some guy wanted to trade me an 870 that he said he has over $3000 into, is that even possible?

Maybe he meant $1000 in the gun and $2000 in ammo shot :P

TankTop 02-14-2013 03:34 AM

Same guy also had a Glock 19 with stippling that I could trade if I didn't like his shotgun.

Axxe55 02-14-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TankTop (Post 1136764)
Same guy also had a Glock 19 with stippling that I could trade if I didn't like his shotgun.

i guess he said it was worth $3000 too!:eek:

GeneralPatton 02-14-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1136774)
i guess he said it was worth $3000 too!:eek:

Titanium Plated! with gold leaf underlay!

Quentin 02-14-2013 07:31 AM

More info needed before we can intelligently comment. What did you list? And can you describe the trade? I agree about the 870 but what did you have and what is it worth? You say Noveske but what. And what's Dave Ramsey got to do with this?

TankTop 02-14-2013 01:05 PM

I sold my Noveske'ish because me and my wife have decided to do Dave Ramsey. It was an N4 lower that I built, DD LPK, CTR stock and buffer assembly from BCM. The upper was from Noveske, 13.5 NSR, 14.5 CHF and a pinned Battle comp. Also I had not put any sights on the rifle yet... I wanted to be fair with my pricing and adjust modestly to the current market, I listed it for $2350 and it sold for that in 48 hours!!! The guy I mentioned above was just one person who contacted me about a possible trade. I think you can get a custom 870 from Wilson Combat for much less than $3k....

trip286 02-14-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 1137014)
More info needed before we can intelligently comment. What did you list? And can you describe the trade? I agree about the 870 but what did you have and what is it worth? You say Noveske but what. And what's Dave Ramsey got to do with this?

Dave Ramsey is a bit of what I would call an extremist in personal finance. He zealously insists on pretty much selling off every thing you own that's not a necessity if your in debt, using that money to pay off debts. He goes so far as to tell people to trade in their new cars for running clunkers if they're still making a payment, and even says to sell your home and downsize if needed.

He is a very smart man, and much of what he says is a very common sense approach to getting out of debt and staying debt free. If you don't need it, don't buy it. If your in debt over it, and don't need it, sell it and use the proceeds to pay the debt. Eat spaghetti. Ramen noodles.

Then save. With the economy and job market, he recommends having at least 1.5 times your yearly income in savings, but he teaches goal setting too. Such as, try to have 1 month of your yearly income in savings within 6 months this year, 2 months within a year... So on. Is your debts are paid off, but you don't have the money saved up, sell more stuff and put the proceeds directly into savings.

His teaching is really designed more for people like me (hence, the reason I'm familiar), people who have bitten off more than they can chew and are sinking in debt.

Quentin 02-14-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1137201)
Dave Ramsey is a bit of what I would call an extremist in personal finance. He zealously insists on pretty much selling off every thing you own that's not a necessity if your in debt, using that money to pay off debts. He goes so far as to tell people to trade in their new cars for running clunkers if they're still making a payment, and even says to sell your home and downsize if needed.

He is a very smart man, and much of what he says is a very common sense approach to getting out of debt and staying debt free. If you don't need it, don't buy it. If your in debt over it, and don't need it, sell it and use the proceeds to pay the debt. Eat spaghetti. Ramen noodles.

Then save. With the economy and job market, he recommends having at least 1.5 times your yearly income in savings, but he teaches goal setting too. Such as, try to have 1 month of your yearly income in savings within 6 months this year, 2 months within a year... So on. Is your debts are paid off, but you don't have the money saved up, sell more stuff and put the proceeds directly into savings.

His teaching is really designed more for people like me (hence, the reason I'm familiar), people who have bitten off more than they can chew and are sinking in debt.

I know who he is just wondering what he had to do with the listing...