Not sure made the right choice
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Not sure made the right choice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Not sure made the right choice

I recently purchased USATactical 5.56, but since I live in NJ I'm waiting the 10 to 12 days to pick-up, my question did I purchase a quality AR? I was ready to buy M&P15 but when I saw the USA Tact I really thought it was a better than the M&P any comments are welcomed... Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5795 Times on 3026 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Sorry never heard of usatactical.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #3

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

the AR is made up of parts ... as long as the receivers are of quality make everything else can be changed out or upgraded if need be. When you get the rifle take it to the range and break it in ... then shoot the snot out of it. If something is not up to par you will find out

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfusatf View Post
I recently purchased USATactical 5.56, but since I live in NJ I'm waiting the 10 to 12 days to pick-up, my question did I purchase a quality AR? I was ready to buy M&P15 but when I saw the USA Tact I really thought it was a better than the M&P any comments are welcomed... Thanks
do you always buy things and then ask if they are a quality product?

the time to ask questions is before you buy, not afterwards.

or did you get caught up in some ill-fated feelings that you suddenly needed an AR and bought the first one that came along?

not bashing on you, just trying to understand your reasoning here.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #5

Liked 1026 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Can you provide links and specs for the one you got? Not familiar with that brand but you can be sure the devil is in the details. Hopefully it's good.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #6

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

What dog sais.

Shoot it , enjoy it. if somehting breaks you found your weak spot and you just replace it

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 04-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #7

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

I think you should of did a little more research on the product, or at least asked more questions before you purchased your rifle if you're unsure.

This forum is great for asking question and there a ton of information here if you want it. Good luck!

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

wizard63 Likes This 
Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 258 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
the AR is made up of parts ... as long as the receivers are of quality make everything else can be changed out or upgraded if need be. When you get the rifle take it to the range and break it in ... then shoot the snot out of it. If something is not up to par you will find out
This isn't bad advice. When it comes to resale value, the name stamped on your rifle's receivers can matter greatly. But for actual function, nothing trumps the (1) barrel, (2) BCG, and then sometimes third (depending on the setup and use) the optics and trigger.

Buying an 'in demand' name receiver pays off every time if you intend to eventually sell the rifle. And it's also good for range pride and such. But honestly, receivers are not near as impactful in true function as many believe. And they're also not stressed in such a manner that getting the bestest coolest thing will actually make for superior performance in my opinion.

And yes, when I can land them at a fair price I'm very happy to build around Noveske lowers, Vltor uppers, etc. But that's all about range pride and resale value. So the right receiver can pay dividends when you sell. But in many cases the affordable and available stuff (PSA for example) is 100% as functional.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #9

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks guys and yes did my homework but just wanted to hear from the experts. I plan on taken it straight to the range to see if there are any issues. The site is USATacticalFirearms, thank you.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #10
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7439 Times on 4060 Posts
Likes Given: 15301

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfusatf
...just wanted to hear from the experts.
And you asked us?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This