Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Not sure made the right choice (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/not-sure-made-right-choice-89465/)

jrfusatf 04-24-2013 01:00 PM

Not sure made the right choice

I recently purchased USATactical 5.56, but since I live in NJ I'm waiting the 10 to 12 days to pick-up, my question did I purchase a quality AR? I was ready to buy M&P15 but when I saw the USA Tact I really thought it was a better than the M&P any comments are welcomed... Thanks

JonM 04-24-2013 01:11 PM

Sorry never heard of usatactical.

dog2000tj 04-24-2013 01:16 PM

the AR is made up of parts ... as long as the receivers are of quality make everything else can be changed out or upgraded if need be. When you get the rifle take it to the range and break it in ... then shoot the snot out of it. If something is not up to par you will find out ;)

Axxe55 04-24-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrfusatf (Post 1225221)
I recently purchased USATactical 5.56, but since I live in NJ I'm waiting the 10 to 12 days to pick-up, my question did I purchase a quality AR? I was ready to buy M&P15 but when I saw the USA Tact I really thought it was a better than the M&P any comments are welcomed... Thanks

do you always buy things and then ask if they are a quality product?

the time to ask questions is before you buy, not afterwards.

or did you get caught up in some ill-fated feelings that you suddenly needed an AR and bought the first one that came along?

not bashing on you, just trying to understand your reasoning here.

Quentin 04-24-2013 01:29 PM

Can you provide links and specs for the one you got? Not familiar with that brand but you can be sure the devil is in the details. Hopefully it's good.

bluez 04-24-2013 01:38 PM

What dog sais.

Shoot it , enjoy it. if somehting breaks you found your weak spot and you just replace it :)

PC167 04-24-2013 02:28 PM

I think you should of did a little more research on the product, or at least asked more questions before you purchased your rifle if you're unsure.

This forum is great for asking question and there a ton of information here if you want it. Good luck!

sweeper22 04-24-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 1225237)
the AR is made up of parts ... as long as the receivers are of quality make everything else can be changed out or upgraded if need be. When you get the rifle take it to the range and break it in ... then shoot the snot out of it. If something is not up to par you will find out ;)

This isn't bad advice. When it comes to resale value, the name stamped on your rifle's receivers can matter greatly. But for actual function, nothing trumps the (1) barrel, (2) BCG, and then sometimes third (depending on the setup and use) the optics and trigger.

Buying an 'in demand' name receiver pays off every time if you intend to eventually sell the rifle. And it's also good for range pride and such. But honestly, receivers are not near as impactful in true function as many believe. And they're also not stressed in such a manner that getting the bestest coolest thing will actually make for superior performance in my opinion.

And yes, when I can land them at a fair price I'm very happy to build around Noveske lowers, Vltor uppers, etc. But that's all about range pride and resale value. So the right receiver can pay dividends when you sell. But in many cases the affordable and available stuff (PSA for example) is 100% as functional.

jrfusatf 04-24-2013 09:36 PM

Thanks guys and yes did my homework but just wanted to hear from the experts. I plan on taken it straight to the range to see if there are any issues. The site is USATacticalFirearms, thank you.

MisterMcCool 04-24-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrfusatf
...just wanted to hear from the experts.

And you asked us? :)