Not my brand of chew
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Not my brand of chew

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1135 Times on 822 Posts
Likes Given: 584

Default Not my brand of chew

OK I would never own a AR if i had not traded a ditchwitch for it , not my brand of chew .The ONLY reason i got it is b/c i figured it was worth @ least 1500.00 w/o the gen 1 night vision and its a smithy .Its a new s&w mp15 with some flavor of a lined 16in heavy barrel , miles of utg rails , forward grip with pop out bipod , sure fire , green laser , some other flavor of a tactical scope and a atn 410 nightvision . The gun still had clean factory lube shoved in it but When it comes to having fun I will pick up my remmy mod34 or k.22 . I know the have all sorts of legos for these guns along with conversion kits for other calibers ... I just read about a 50bmg kit for them , if its real I want one to make this gun fun for me . any one heard of it ? Not the .50 beowolf the .50 big boy , Do you have to have a dedicated lower ?? There is a big damn difference from a 223 to a .50 . I think a 20mm kit would also be cool lets call up sons of guns and see what they can do

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

First off Id stay away from RedJacket after the things Ive seen and read.

Smith makes a nice AR but Id swap out the heavy UTG stuff before worrying about a different cal. upper.

Most non 5.56 uppers that feed from a 5.56 mag will work w/ a AR15 lower. The .50 Beo will work fine.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I believe you looking for something like this:

Advanced Longerange Systems 50 bmg conversions

Personally I would recommend against this conversion, but to each his own.

JD

Old 05-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

The 50bmg uppers are real. I honestly wouldnt use one on a pricey sw lower as there is not a long history of em to diagnose any recoil damage to the lower. If your not going to put a lot of 50bmg down range shouldnt be a short round count problem.

I cant get you a link atm as my nook is difficult to cut and paste. The 50bmg uppers can be shipped right to your front door.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #5

Liked 1135 Times on 822 Posts
Likes Given: 584

uhhhhh , you can go buy a real 50 for the conversion price! maybe a single shooter but hey who can afford to shoot a 50 with a 10round mag all day . this topic is dead to me . It looks like all your using a plain ar lower in the build anyway if that . a lead pipe with sights would be fine with me as long as it would shoot the 50 a guy @ the dixe show sells the rounds for 2.50 ea and the dummies for 3.50 ??? I did not ask I just bought a handfull

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 106 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Troll .....

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson