Norinco M4 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Norinco M4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
A stipped lower is going for $450.00 Canadian.
How much is that in real money?

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 08-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Right now about US $425.00in that funny all green stuff.
F.K.

Thats why they call it hunting and not grocery shopping

Old 08-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

That's hilarious F.K. you gotta admit. . . LMFAO

Old 08-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #14

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Right now about US $425.00in that funny all green stuff.
F.K.
But it's not just green anymore! even the 5's are getting color:/
Damn monopoly money.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 08-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
That's hilarious F.K. you gotta admit. . . LMFAO
It's funny for shure . The northern states exept our cash preaty good and in the southern states they will exept it as a novelty some times.
American money is used as a standard in a lot of countries. I think Canadian cash is worth about $0.95 U.S.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #16

Default Fisherking!!!!

You live in Canada not that that is bad but given the situation I think it would be prudent to get your hands on whatever is available even if it is a chinese import. Lots of people have sks's and Ak's from overseas. I don't know what your agenda is but for basic self defense I'm sure the Norinco would not be a bad choice for the price......you could work it over with quality ar products from the U.s.....for starters I would get a DPMS for the lower rework and possibly a new bolt. That being said, if it shoots fine and it probably will just leave it alone. I have empathy for your situation regarding firearms but maybe someday that will change if the right people are elected. We might have the same poliltical landscape if things are not rectified this november.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have already put a few things on it. I changed out the hand gaurd for a Yanky hill free float cusomizable hand gaurd carbine length,YHM flip up front sight gas block so far. I also reworked the trigger to take out the creap so now it breaks clean at about 5 lbs.
I took it to the range on Sunday and it shot 1 inch to 1.5 inches with Iron sights at 100 yards using a bipod.
Good luck in November . From what I have heard the Republicans are set to take over the Senate, but keep your fingers crost. What happes there sometimes sets the tone for us. That is why I belong to the NRA and Canada's NFA.
Regards Fisher King.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #18

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
I have already put a few things on it. I changed out the hand gaurd for a Yanky hill free float cusomizable hand gaurd carbine length,YHM flip up front sight gas block so far. I also reworked the trigger to take out the creap so now it breaks clean at about 5 lbs.
I took it to the range on Sunday and it shot 1 inch to 1.5 inches with Iron sights at 100 yards using a bipod.
Good luck in November . From what I have heard the Republicans are set to take over the Senate, but keep your fingers crost. What happes there sometimes sets the tone for us. That is why I belong to the NRA and Canada's NFA.
Regards Fisher King.
Good shooting! Be gentle with trigger work on AR's. The surface hardness is thin and if you stone through it the trigger will degrade fast. Though I have no idea if the ChiComs are built the same way.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Good shooting! Be gentle with trigger work on AR's. The surface hardness is thin and if you stone through it the trigger will degrade fast. Though I have no idea if the ChiComs are built the same way.
I noticed that the hammer conection was realy hard . I took the creap out by filling down the hight of the sear ingagment on the hammer and I used a hammer file to first get the roughness out of the engagment surface on the hammer than I used a medium India stone ,fine india stone than a hard very fine trigger track stone for the final stoning which put a high gloss shine on it.
If I find that I'm getting galling I will re stone and give it a Kisnet aplication(sp). Or I will go the way of a new trigger& hamer.
F.K.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #20

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
I noticed that the hammer conection was realy hard . I took the creap out by filling down the hight of the sear ingagment on the hammer and I used a hammer file to first get the roughness out of the engagment surface on the hammer than I used a medium India stone ,fine india stone than a hard very fine trigger track stone for the final stoning which put a high gloss shine on it.
If I find that I'm getting galling I will re stone and give it a Kisnet aplication(sp). Or I will go the way of a new trigger& hamer.
F.K.
Sounds like it needed help.

I thought about this on my drive in today. The ChiComs may not be using US Mil Spec part manufacturing. They tend to be more old school, so perhaps they have hammer, sears and disconnectors that are not surface hardened the same way ours are? It would be good to know....

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."