Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Norinco M4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Norinco M4

Has anyone had any experiance with a Norinco M4. I can get one here for $700.00 new , it has a crome lined barrel and carrier. abi safety aloy upper and lower and abi mag release.
I have one of thier M1A s and it has been great and reliable 1MOA at 100yrds.
Thanks F.K.

Thats why they call it hunting and not grocery shopping

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2554 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 192

We cannot get Chinese firearms imported into the US. It looks like Marstar has some sweet deals on Chinese imports (Norinco). My main concern is the level of heat treating they put into the bolts, barrels and barrel extensions on these. Judging by their history with the M-14's and the improper heat treating of the receivers, I have serious questions.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
We cannot get Chinese firearms imported into the US. It looks like Marstar has some sweet deals on Chinese imports (Norinco). My main concern is the level of heat treating they put into the bolts, barrels and barrel extensions on these. Judging by their history with the M-14's and the improper heat treating of the receivers, I have serious questions.
The old ones I have head have had there problems. the new M1A receivers are all drop forged and from what I have heard are much sought after.
I was wondering why you can't get chinese imports there Is it a trade isue or something like that?
F.K.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2554 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Embargo on Chinese military style arms. We can get the shotguns. Most of the M-14's imported into the US had the heat treat problem. They may have corrected it, but did so too late for many to get in (IIRC)

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #5

well i got my norinco m4 saturday, payd 1000 euro here in italy, arround 1300$. is cheaper..cause i payd my oly k3b 2000 euro (2600 usd) and my bushmaster 3000usd
prices apart..they are crazy here...
the norinco is not a bad made rifle.
i shoot 200 rounds on sunday, with any problems.
i use gmag (german version of pmag, made by oberland).
when i bought it, i removed the selectore and work with a small file, cause it was very hard to move. not it work good. i will replace it cause i dont like ambidestrous safety.
the plastics are good, the finish is good.. in some parts better than the k3b
and it have 14.5"...hard to find here due the limit export from usa...
ithink...for this price.. is a very good rifle...

Old 08-12-2010, 05:15 AM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

The Chinese M14 problems were with the bolts. Some of the early imports had soft bolts, but most were fine. But the damage was done and the ChiComs were branded as junk.

Ron Smith at Smith Enterprise thinks the ChiCom receivers are some of the best ever made, but he does re-heat treat them (M80HT, which is basically Melonite).

I have an Armscorp M14 that came new with a Chinese bolt and it has a LOT of rds through it. Still a tack driver.

I'm guessing the Chinese have improved their quality dramatically due to their public relations problems in the past. Their M4 is probably GTG.

(Disclaimer-Any Chinese M14 should have the headspace checked prior to firing.)

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I don't know why you'd even want to mess with a Chinese M4. There are too many American made options for that line of firearms to count. And for $700? ? ? That's not even close to being worth a dice throw.

They're AKs were cool 10+ years ago, because you could still find and shoot them during ban era, plus the AK was a commie gun anyways. The shoe fit. We wore it.

Save another couple hundred bucks and build you a respectable M4gery.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I Just got a Norinco M4 and it functions flawlessly. I just put on a Yanky Hill free float handgard and Yanky hill flipup front sight last night. I plan to take it to the range on the weakend.
So far I have had realy good luck with the Norinco fire arms .I have a 1911 comander $300.00 new
M14 $ 500.00 new
M4 $700.00 new Canadian money
Drop forged recivers crome lined barels
and acurate.
If I were to buy a new bush master or colt here in Canada I'm looking at $1500.00 and up or tho build on I would have to go through an importer I have checked andI'm still looking at $1200.00+
But thanks for the heads up. In the next two years I do plan to build one when the money is there.
F.K.

Last edited by Fisherking; 08-12-2010 at 11:28 AM.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #9

i think u american guys should not have any problems to have an ar15. the production there count lot of producers..so the line of prices is very long...

for the italian, and maybe canadian market... things are differents..and costs are more high...
btw.. i have a colt, a bushmaster, and a olympic.. my best choose is US production...always

Old 08-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_ita View Post
i think u american guys should not have any problems to have an ar15. the production there count lot of producers..so the line of prices is very long...

for the italian, and maybe canadian market... things are differents..and costs are more high...
btw.. i have a colt, a bushmaster, and a olympic.. my best choose is US production...always
I agree it was a cost thing for me to get in on an AR for cheap. After I will go American and there is a Canadian company that is also doing an AR. Alberta Tactical Riffle, but they are realy expencive but top of the line.
A stipped lower is going for $450.00 Canadian.