Noob question on targets
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Noob question on targets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 04:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Noob question on targets

So I'm finally taking my new AR to a friends house who owns some acreage and we're going to put some rounds through it and a bunch of his guns. He has everything from an old .22 to a M1A1, 30-06, etc. What I'm wondering is what should I shoot at with my AR?

He has some paper target holders, but I was wondering of any of those circular targets with the auto resetting flipper will work with the AR. Most of them are rated to a .22 but others are for handguns and slugs.

Basically I'm looking for something fun to shoot at and something him and I can compete with. Total time for all targets, side by side comp, etc.

Thanks
Jim

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1396 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 427

They make specialty spinning targets that are designed for .223 or even .308 as far as I know maybe even higher caliber. But if you really want to have some fun research Tannerite, its as fun as it looks.
The spinning targets that are designed for .22 won't work well with a .223.