Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > No Troy ARs at Dicks Sporting Goods in IL.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1995

Default No Troy ARs at Dicks Sporting Goods in IL.

You can thank good ol COOK Co. for this. None of the IL. stores will be carrying Troy ARs.
The general manager at the one near me in central IL told me this today. He also said they will not be carrying the troy accessories either. He has tried to order PMags and they can't seem to get those either. Thanks alot Sh!tcago
He was not very happy about it and knows they are missing alot of sales due to this B.S.

Last edited by purehavoc; 07-21-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

That sucks...Dicks seems to be kowtowing to the anti-gunners an awful lot of late. How soon before they exit the FFL and gun business altogether?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #3

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
That sucks...Dicks seems to be kowtowing to the anti-gunners an awful lot of late. How soon before they exit the FFL and gun business altogether?
Thats a good question . He wasnt very happy that they had to send people asking about ARs on to the next dealer 5 miles away because it makes them look bad . He said they cant even order them and have them sent into them if someone was to pay for one in advance , or for that matter even order one for himself . I could take my shopping else where all together and it wouldnt hurt my feelings , but I think Im going to shoot DSG a nice little email and pass on my thoughts .

Old 07-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5191 Times on 2962 Posts
Likes Given: 4411

Out here in the west, Dick's is a "Soccer Mom" store.

Golda Meier.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Out here in the west, Dick's is a "Soccer Mom" store.
All soccer moms love dicks.

Sorry, I had to say it. The temptation was too great

Old 07-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
All soccer moms love dicks.

Sorry, I had to say it. The temptation was too great
Funny you say that but my wife was web surfing for soccer equipment once and left the sportinggoods part off of the google search... dicks.com apparently isn't a sports equipment site...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-22-2012, 01:50 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've seen on here ppl buying ar's at walmart too. Illinois walmarts don't even sell guns. Im from central il as well.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Long guns only at wallyworld out here. But of course that would include AR's.