Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Next Generation Arms: The X7 Tactical Carbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Next Generation Arms: The X7 Tactical Carbine

I'm going to be in the market in about 1 year for my very first tactical carbine. I am trying to plan ahead (have something to drool over), and this beautiful rifle seems to have it all. I mean it. This website explains everything in good detail, and the photos are great too. I'd love some feedback, so please comment!

The "Gray" Rifle: Next Generation Arms - Home

My choice of optic, the Aimpoint CompM4s: Product singleview

The Magpul B.A.D. Lever: B.A.D. Lever® - Battery Assist Device - B.A.D. Lever® - Battery Assist Device – AR15/M16

Last edited by HenryACR; 01-10-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #2

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That does seems like a pretty awesome rifle not gonna lie, I do like that they curved the front of the mag well slightly and *I* don't know of any other manufacturers that do that (I could be wrong though, someone can correct me). I've never heard of those guys, but I am a FNG to the world of AR-15s makers.

I don't mean to piss in your cheerios 'cause in the end it's your rifle, but personally I wouldn't go for that for the price tag. If I had to spend that much money on a complete AR for more than $1250 I'd go with another "top" manufacturer (say Daniels Defense) and get one of their rifles for about $300-$800 less than that one and spend that extra money on your optic, magazines and ammo.

Like I said though, in the end it's your rifle and if that's what you wanna spend your money on go ahead in the end the only thing that matters is if you enjoy it or not.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 01-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #3

thanks man, i appreciate the feedback. at this point, everything is very hypothetical, although i admit it is a tad pricy. anyhow, i believe it may be worth it in the long run, considering this is a rifle that boasts unheard-of service life.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

For the price of their Noveske barreled rifles you can get an actual Noveske and have a little $ left over. The service life claims come from the fact it has a Noveske barrel. The idea is cool and the rifle itself looks nice. The coating is a good feature as well. In the end its your money and decision.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #5

Default Next Gen X7

WOW I love my Daniels Defense M4 with ACOG.

guns06_0002.jpg  

The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect.
Clausewitz

Old 01-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #6

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Personally I think I like my personal AR-15 more because I "built" it (really, I just put the upper on the lower, but still...)

My suggestion is to build your first lower and get a complete upper. With the money you save even using good quality parts you could easily have enough money left over for an ACOG and whatever other tacticool stuff you like.

Like we've said though, it's your call.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 01-26-2011, 03:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob072770 View Post
WOW I love my Daniels Defense M4 with ACOG.
very nice....i like it!

be nice to the man with the gun, you'd be crazy not to.

i will tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear.

i'm selling all my handguns. i'm going all in on ar's!