Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Next AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Next AR

I've been comtemplating and researching my next AR for months now and am close to pulling the trigger.

I have a palmetto state armory lower I bought last year sitting around. I also have all the components for the lower except trigger (do have stag LPK if I just want to use that trigger). I have sent the lower off to be engraved since I might want to SBR.

My narrowed list in order:
300BLK SBR - most likely 8" barrel from delta or noveske
9mm or possibly 45 SBR
AR-10 armalite - I have a semi auto 308 already though so I'm torn here
458 socom

I should mention I have my trust set up and one suppressor clearing ATF now (22lr).

My uses/concerns:
I would want to use this rifle for pig hunting and fun. My maximum range would be 200yds but probably in less than 100yds. I'm most concerned with ammo for 300blk. I know its becoming more available but will it last.

Thanks for your input

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I like the 458 SOCOM myself. Post some pics when you decide and get it together.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #3

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

PSA doesn't sell a .308 compatible lower to my knowledge.

.458 socomm really cool. Big holes is big holes.

But I'm pretty much in love with how quiet the .300 blackout subsonic supressed is. There does seem to be a lot of support for it too. I don't think its gonna replacement 5.56. But more support is good support.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yeah If I go the AR-10 route I would have to find another use for the extra PSA lower I have. Didn't mean to imply that would work in 308. Yeah I'm like 75% sold on 300blk vs 9,45 or 458 socom due to the ability to get full advantage of the suppression side of the equation.