Next Ar-15 build
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Next Ar-15 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Next Ar-15 build

So, for my next build, I'm looking at either the Gubmint profile 20" barreled upper with my oly arms rail system(that I picked up for 95 bucks 4 year ago woot for accidental foresight) or an SPR contour barrel from WOA mounted to a YHM upper,
Either of them with a Les Baer(if it's still in stock at time of purchase) bolt and BCG,
I'm looking at something that i can sleep with(so much safer than my Grandpapies AMT .380...)
and use in a zombie incursion, and get acceptable groups....
and shoot from a standing position for an hour or two.
I have(hopefully it'll sell eventually lolz) a DPMS 20 inch bull.. but she shoots farrrrrr better than I ever will.
I know the WOA will too, but at least it'll work, right?

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #2

It should, but for a zombie killer i don't think i would want a bull barrel, i would take one of them pencil barrels with that big ole bayonet hung off the end, but thats just my thought.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:19 AM   #3

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Yeah, I agree. well after reading a LOT of opinions (there's not much "fact" with the SPR, crane's been pretty hush hush and so has the rest of the "community") I decided against it. plus I don't have a need for what the SPRish rifle build has to offer.
Instead i'm going to go with the BCM 20" barreled upper, BCM bolt, My Oly Arms rail, the rails covered except for spots for a shorty grip etc., and a VLTOR Clubfoot

Oh mannnnnn as I write this I'm looking at gunbroker... and I see an a1 profile 20 incher barrel.... too tempting...
good thing I don't get paid for another week

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------