Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Newbie!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/newbie-96174/)

medic45 08-28-2013 07:19 PM

Newbie!!

Hey guys I just recently found this forum and app!! All I can say is I'm lovin it!! I am in the beginning stages of building "thanks to this site" my 1st AR!! I am looking at a DoubleStar Lower and parts kit! ( I finally found 1) lol! And we'll that's as far as I've gotten!! Still selling off knives and such to fund this new addiction!! FYI the name is Brian and I'm dang glad to meet you all!!

johnr1943 08-28-2013 07:48 PM

Welcome from Union County, NC :)

JW357 08-28-2013 08:02 PM

Welcome, from Kalifornia.

AgentTikki 08-29-2013 04:47 AM

Welcome friend and tell us more!
What kind of plans do you have for your new BRD love child.....

medic45 08-29-2013 04:54 AM

Lol BRD??? I'm confused

ZombieKiller83 08-29-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medic45 (Post 1350349)
Lol BRD??? I'm confused

Black Rifle Disease = BRD

seancslaughter 08-29-2013 01:18 PM

Welcome from San Antonio! If you have any questions you found the right place to ask them

therewolf 08-29-2013 01:24 PM

Welcome to the FTF from Tampa Bay.

How about that local sports team?

BRD and Mosinitus are covered by

Obamacare, you know. They are

taxed, as "surgical equipment"...:(

medic45 08-29-2013 02:02 PM

Bwahahahaha I love it and YES I have BRD.... Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I hope to be interacting with you all alot more in the comming weeks months and years. I feel this is not going to be my 1st Love Child. As of right now I am selling some of my knives and saving for my AR. I haven't really decided on which way to go or what to buy just yet. The moment I think I know I find something else. Since this is my 1st AR my patience are very VERY Slim I want it NOW...lol So I really don't know. I have came across a Stripped DoubleStar Lower and a parts kit for 210.00 my cost which seems reasonable Plus DS is a local business so if I go that route I get to support a local business. But like I say I havent bought anything just yet. Still keeping my eyes and ears open. As far as upper I have no clue what in the world to even think of buying. Im thinking a Complete Upper because frankly screwing up the head space freaks me out. Don't wanna have to call the Coroner on myself. Although Midway has an excellent Video on both Upper and Lower Builds. Not really worried about alot of aesthetically pleasing furniture at this point. I want a functional weapon and add the Bling later on down the road. My end result with be something compact 16" barrel with Collapsible stock. 5.56/.223 good quality that I can use for home protection, maybe a little work action IF need be, we have a small LEO presence around my neck of the woods especially late at night so I will probably be carrying this in my EC unit, some general shooting "plinking at about 100 Yards give or take along with maybe some varmit hunting. I know Im from 1 end of the scope to the other or thats kinda how I feel.. So im looking for all the HELP I can get lol

medic45 08-29-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 1350580)
Welcome to the FTF from Tampa Bay.

How about that local sports team?

BRD and Mosinitus are covered by

Obamacare, you know. They are

taxed, as "surgical equipment"...:(

GO CATS...lol Love my Wildcats in Basket Ball. Not a big fan of College Football and haven't decided who I am gonna pull for in NFL just yet..lol Just now getting back in to sports after about 15 years not watching it..