Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New slide fire AR stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New slide fire AR stock

So my friend was telling me about this new stock that pretty much makes your AR full auto:-) and it's legal, so I had to check it out as soon as I got home.
This thing looks awesome it's called the SSAR-15 made by slide fire and it looks like a blast! Basically it helps you to bump fire your AR but you can control the amount of rounds you fire, and it's ATF approved (for now)
Does anyone have one yet? If so what do you think about it?
Im thinking about getting one but it might have to wait til after Xmas

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #2

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Not my thing. You pull the gun away from you in order to get it to bump fire which I would think is odd. I'm sure it would be fun to check out, but I don't see the point in paying $375 for it when i'd rather go with a LMT Sopmod stock, nice grip and have some left for ammo or mags. To each is own.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 12-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #3

I met one of the owners of this company or so he said at a gun show he had a nice display and video set up........ however so did those guys in the 90's with the rick flare sun glasses and pink muscle shirts they sold the bump fire triggers which are poop I had some hands on with it didn't shoot it just played with it a bit and had one question to which he was mad at " after the 1st shot how do you aim?" and with people around to hear me he got mad and responded why would aim with a full auto. to which I said to such a stupid question if you can't aim why would you shoot it seems pretty dumb. truth is that guys are always lookin for the cutting edge border line illegal full auto but here's the deal semi's are guna be semi's auto's are guna be auto's. don't waste your money on this poop buy a nice stock and hit your target I'd rather have 5 shots in a minute in a bullseye rather than 600 shots a minute in the dirt

Old 12-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #4

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Here's how I see it, was tempted to buy one too......

It'll be fun.

For a couple tries.

Then you'll see how fast you go through your ammo, and see that you can't anything beyond 15 yards.
Then you'll put it away and only play with it a couple times a year.

Its like full auto, only less accurate . Hahahaha.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #5

I agree and that's if it really works but if you went head to head with a .380 and you used that stock uh good luck you'll hit the neighbors cat hahaha

Old 12-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #6

I like accuracy not novelty

Old 12-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #7

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

From what I understand, full auto is hardly ever used. Most keep it on the SA setting.

But.

It is a blast every once in a while, just to let loose.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #8

I'm sure the military uses full auto and semi both but they are shooting at people and with free bullets we shoot targets with expensive leftovers lol but I agree here's what I'll recommend buy a gat trigger I have one on a ar they work and are $20

Old 12-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #9

Yea I agree too the more I look at it the more I don't like it... Like agenttikki said it would be kool n fun to try acouple of times but not sure if I wanna get get stuck with it for ever haha

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 12-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #10

Liked 941 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 925

You might want to talk your really rich and really dumb friend into buying one then go with him and play with it. Otherwise, a waste of time and money.

Or why not join the Marines and use the real thing!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.