The new Slide Fire - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > The new Slide Fire

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 03:17 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
I think if I had a extra grand to spend I would be looking at another AR / AK / or something else to add to my collection ,
Yep...that's what I'm saying. I wouldn't put it on one of my existing AR's, so another would be in order.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:20 AM   #22

2 times a year? wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowArms View Post
The last price I found was 15,000 plus the tax stamp for a full auto and semi auto selector M-4 A4 colt. It takes about 6-9 months to clear the background check and the ATF can invade your home to check the status of the weapons location without a warrant. Class 3 license holders get inspected at least two times a year.

SigPower.com

Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMyGlock View Post
I own it. I have it on my M&P 15. I love it, works great. I've fired 4 clips one after another in probably under 60 seconds and not one problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Has it affected the accuracy? What I mean is...my ArmaLite has a "recommended interval" between rounds in order to maintain accuracy for the rated life of the barrel. Has yours fallen off, or does that matter enough to you to track?
Four magazines in under 60 seconds, what sort of accuracy should he be expecting? I doubt that a huge selling point of the Slidefire is how much it increases your accuracy. Personally if I could not rip off 24 five shot sub-MOA groups with the thing in 60 seconds I'd return it.

Anyway, of course it's not something you'd use in a serious fashion, it's just for fun. Well, fun and potentially wrecking a nice rifle.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:42 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy

Four magazines in under 60 seconds, what sort of accuracy should he be expecting? I doubt that a huge selling point of the Slidefire is how much it increases your accuracy. Personally if I could not rip off 24 five shot sub-MOA groups with the thing in 60 seconds I'd return it.

Anyway, of course it's not something you'd use in a serious fashion, it's just for fun. Well, fun and potentially wrecking a nice rifle.
As you put rounds through a barrel, and approach the end of the barrel life, one thing you notice is a falling off of the accuracy. If you exceed the suggested interval between rounds recommended by the bbl manufacturer, I would suggest that the accuracy would diminish at a faster rate. My question was, AFTER or AS A RESULT OF using the product, had he noticed any drop in accuracy. I apologize, I thought I had made that clear...I have NO expectation that any degree of accuracy would be expected while using the S/F. Beyond the first round, anyway.

As far as pointing out that it's "just for fun" and not for use in a "serious fashion"....thanks for the tip.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:14 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSSig
2 times a year? wow.
Yes my best friend from the army opened his shop and got his a class 3 in 2009 and every six months they come to inspect his shop. They can come whenever they want if there is suspicion or if they just feel like it. It is awesome that he can buy anything he wants but he is always dealing with the ATF.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
As you put rounds through a barrel, and approach the end of the barrel life, one thing you notice is a falling off of the accuracy. If you exceed the suggested interval between rounds recommended by the bbl manufacturer, I would suggest that the accuracy would diminish at a faster rate. My question was, AFTER or AS A RESULT OF using the product, had he noticed any drop in accuracy. I apologize, I thought I had made that clear...I have NO expectation that any degree of accuracy would be expected while using the S/F. Beyond the first round, anyway.

As far as pointing out that it's "just for fun" and not for use in a "serious fashion"....thanks for the tip.
I was just being facetious, didn't mean to stir you up. But, if facts are important, that quote in your profile wasn't spoken by John Wayne. It was Steven Keats (playing Jackie Brown) in The Friends of Eddie Coyle,1973. It's also a misquote but you can work that out on your own.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy

I was just being facetious, didn't mean to stir you up. But, if facts are important, that quote in your profile wasn't spoken by John Wayne. It was Steven Keats (playing Jackie Brown) in The Friends of Eddie Coyle,1973. It's also a misquote but you can work that out on your own.
Yes, facts ARE important. And while that very well may have been spoken by Keats in 1973, the FACT remains that Wayne, as SGT Stryker, spoke them FIRST in 1949 in 'The Sands of Iwo Jima'

Why don't you work on THAT, kid.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Don't bash it until you have used it. I use my slidefire stock every time I got to the range. The accuracy of my gun has not been altered what-so-ever. I have a trijicon a of on it and it still shoots accurate as can be from 100 yards. The people who are bashing this product tend tithe the people who A. Can't afford it, or B. are jealous of our damn near fully automatic assault rifles.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMyGlock
Don't bash it until you have used it. I use my slidefire stock every time I got to the range. The accuracy of my gun has not been altered what-so-ever. I have a trijicon a of on it and it still shoots accurate as can be from 100 yards. The people who are bashing this product tend tithe the people who A. Can't afford it, or B. are jealous of our damn near fully automatic assault rifles.
I get your sentiment, but let's not get carried away. MOST of the posts to the thread are from people I trust, and we are having a discussion/mild debate.

Nobody's "jammin" on your stuff, man.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #30

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I'd rather buy a 3 gun trigger, and 500 rounds of practice ammo, than buy a slide fire.

I would probably shoot just as fast and get more rounds on target.

Yeah, they are that fast.

Closed Thread