The new Slide Fire - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > The new Slide Fire

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 01:44 AM   #101
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Txhillbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,572
Liked 1256 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 599

Default

TouchMyGlock,I'm glad that you are enjoying you new toy,and that it also works like it was said too. Don't get your feelings hurt by mjkeat,sometimes he is just forward with his thoughts.
The Slidefire stock is a neat concept to most novice/newer gun owners,but to those of us that have spent many years shooting firearms it's a waste of money and ammunition.But if that's what you want,it's your money/choice.

I've shot many full auto class 3 weapons over the years,and if I have the need to rapidly fire a weapon,I can call a few people that own them,or just buy another one.

As long as you let your barrel cool down completely after dumping a mag it shouldn't hurt it too bad for a couple thousand rds,but you'll be needing some replacement parts before too long.

I'd rather shoot one hole groups,rather than spray and pray!

__________________

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Txhillbilly is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShadowArms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly
TouchMyGlock,I'm glad that you are enjoying you new toy,and that it also works like it was said too. Don't get your feelings hurt by mjkeat,sometimes he is just forward with his thoughts.
The Slidefire stock is a neat concept to most novice/newer gun owners,but to those of us that have spent many years shooting firearms it's a waste of money and ammunition.But if that's what you want,it's your money/choice.

I've shot many full auto class 3 weapons over the years,and if I have the need to rapidly fire a weapon,I can call a few people that own them,or just buy another one.

As long as you let your barrel cool down completely after dumping a mag it shouldn't hurt it too bad for a couple thousand rds,but you'll be needing some replacement parts before too long.

I'd rather shoot one hole groups,rather than spray and pray!
I am a long time owner and shooter and was in the Army served two tours in Iraq and I fired a 240b machine gun, SAW, .50 cal, 120mm smooth bore main gun on an Abrams tank, AT4 rocket launchers, 203 grenade launcher, Barrett .50 cal sniper rifles, and was part of the initial group who got to fire the XM-8 assault rifle prototype for an entire week and a whole lot more. This product intrigues me because no matter who you are it's still freaking awesome to waste rounds firing in F/A. This of course is not but I thought it was a great concept to go and have some fun tearing up some targets. That was the original intent for this thread. It doesn't have to be expensive to be a product that everyone can enjoy. If you don't think it's for you then do not comment. I want people to discuss their experiences with this product or why they want one.
__________________
ShadowArms is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #103
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShadowArms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 50
Default

Quote of deleted post- Mod

Whatever dude this thread has gone away from what intended it and apparently it will not go back to it. I was just wanting to talk about it. So do what you want I see this forum is a waste of time. I thought it would be a good place to talk to people make contacts share some of my knowledge and learn some things in the same aspect. Bravo you have ruined this for me I hope you are happy.

__________________

Last edited by c3shooter; 01-22-2012 at 03:04 AM.
ShadowArms is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2012, 02:50 AM   #104
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowArms View Post
Whatever dude this thread has gone away from what intended it and apparently it will not go back to it. I was just wanting to talk about it. So do what you want I see this forum is a waste of time. I thought it would be a good place to talk to people make contacts share some of my knowledge and learn some things in the same aspect. Bravo you have ruined this for me I hope you are happy.
Why because I have a different opinion than you or because I don't sugar coat it? But you know what you're correct and I'm sorry. I do apologize that I sometimes take firearms to seriously.

As you already know the slide fire isn't on the top of my list. I think it is a waste of good money that could be used on ammo for training. It seems to be the majority of those who jump on the Slide Fire wagon are the ones who really need the extra quality range time. I see these guys at the range all the time firing from the hip, rounds going everywhere but on paper.

Once again I apologize as there is always the exception to the rule.

Now a couple question for you. Can a person even get correct sight alignment w/ this stock? Do you have a target or video showing it is possible?

Thank you.
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2012, 02:55 AM   #105
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Quentin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,658
Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Default

I tuned out this thread after my reply (the #2 post in the thread) that this was old news and we've seen a lot of threads on this very product the last few months. So I missed the fight.

Anyway ShadowArms and TouchMyGlock, you might want to search for and read the other threads since you're interested in that kind of stuff, many of us aren't and are pretty vocal about it. And before you go away mad you might look at other threads, lots of good info here.

You have to understand that many times people here voice their opinions and other times bite their lip and stay silent. It's real hard when you feel like someone's wasting a lot of money on crap, but what do you do? Is it really crap, or just crap to you? Do you say something or let them go ahead and buy it if they're convinced? Or if they've already spent the money, what do you do, say "you blew it" or praise the purchase. Very hard to be diplomatic every time. My opinion? Use that $300 or whatever and put it into the basic rifle or get a good optic or get more ammo.

__________________

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.
________________________________________
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Quentin is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2012, 03:07 AM   #106
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShadowArms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Why because I have a different opinion than you or because I don't sugar coat it? But you know what you're correct and I'm sorry. I do apologize that I sometimes take firearms to seriously.

As you already know the slide fire isn't on the top of my list. I think it is a waste of good money that could be used on ammo for training. It seems to be the majority of those who jump on the Slide Fire wagon are the ones who really need the extra quality range time. I see these guys at the range all the time firing from the hip, rounds going everywhere but on paper.

Once again I apologize as there is always the exception to the rule.

Now a couple question for you. Can a person even get correct sight alignment w/ this stock? Do you have a target or video showing it is possible?

Thank you.
Yes I agree it is a waste of money and I do take firearms seriously as well, but I intended this to be a light hearted discussion about a product that will enable some to fire their semi auto assault rifle in a rapid fire succession. There are many videos on YouTube that display the slide fire and it seems fairly accurate for what it is. I do not have one yet and just wanted to hear some of people experiences with it and if they wanted one why they wanted one. Do we truly need any of the firearms we buy, no but we buy them because they are fun and we like to shoot wether for recreation or hunting. Yes they are great for protection as well and I believe everyone should own at least one firearm to protect their self, family, and property and thanks to the 2nd amendment we can partake in this field because we want to not need. I fire for different reasons when I go to the range. Everyone is different and likes what they like but just because your option differs from mine does not mean that I am inferior to you or a novice. That is what I am getting from this thread, just because I like this product, I am a novice or lack sense of worth and I'm not just talking about you I'm also talking about others who have posted to this thread. I buy what I but because I like it. I have begun to ramble from my point but in the end follow the golden rule. Treat those as you would want to be treated. It's simple but it works. when I disagree with someone I don't make condescending remarks or over generalized statements that make those who are the exception to why we are on the slide fire band wagon get on the defensive about their position. This causes conflict because no body likes to feel inferior to anyone and this raises testosterone and starts redundant arguments that make everyone involved show their ass. Thank you for your apology but I don't see this changing.
__________________
ShadowArms is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2012, 03:17 AM   #107
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShadowArms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
I tuned out this thread after my reply (the #2 post in the thread) that this was old news and we've seen a lot of threads on this very product the last few months. So I missed the fight.

Anyway ShadowArms and TouchMyGlock, you might want to search for and read the other threads since you're interested in that kind of stuff, many of us aren't and are pretty vocal about it. And before you go away mad you might look at other threads, lots of good info here.

You have to understand that many times people here voice their opinions and other times bite their lip and stay silent. It's real hard when you feel like someone's wasting a lot of money on crap, but what do you do? Is it really crap, or just crap to you? Do you say something or let them go ahead and buy it if they're convinced? Or if they've already spent the money, what do you do, say "you blew it" or praise the purchase. Very hard to be diplomatic every time. My opinion? Use that $300 or whatever and put it into the basic rifle or get a good optic or get more ammo.
Just a quick reply I looked for threads and went through many and didn't find any so that is why I started this thread. Like I have said I figured it would be a good way to just go have fun. When I was in Iraq and tensions were getting strong and stress was overwhelming my platoon myself and all the other NCO's would get all the troops up and head to the range for a little free fire session. We would shoot up cars that we confiscated after searches or whatever else we could find. As a matter of fact my picture I have up here was of me at that particular range. I shoot for fun most of the time because I am very proficient and can drive nails with any of my weapons but they were meant to be shot so I shoot them in all fashions I can think of.
__________________
ShadowArms is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Atlantic Firearms Slide Fire Frank44 Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 4 01-04-2012 12:33 AM
New slide fire AR stock Jkl-28 AR-15 Discussion 10 12-03-2011 03:19 AM
Is the Glock 23 supposed to only slide shut using the slide release? deadeyenight General Handgun Discussion 12 09-19-2011 02:59 PM
24/7 slide mkett39 Semi-Auto Handguns 4 04-02-2010 09:39 PM
New slide? JonnyV General Handgun Discussion 0 12-02-2007 08:30 PM