Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > The new Slide Fire

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

If you haven't heard yet I thought I would let everyone know that there is a new product called the slide fire for you AR and AK's. It takes the concept of bump firing and allows you to fire your semi auto as a rapid fire so auto.

www.slidefire.com

They have a lot of YouTube videos and I have seen it in person and plan on purchasing one for my AR and my AK. It incredible and completely legal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #2

Liked 940 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 924

Yeah there've been a lot of threads on this over the last few months.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #3

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Seems like that might be asking for a mechanical failure...not sure that many of the commercial AR's could take much of that...I could be wrong.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Yeah I've seen that too and from what know about bump firing and AR's, that device seems like a good way to break your rifle.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog
Yeah I've seen that too and from what know about bump firing and AR's, that device seems like a good way to break your rifle.
After I get mine and use it I will let you know how it performs after serious use. I plan to really test out it's durability.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowArms

After I get mine and use it I will let you know how it performs after serious use. I plan to really test out it's durability.
Yeah....report back, please. I'd like to know how it performed and if it caused you any issues w/your rifle. thanks!

Old 01-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I own it. I have it on my M&P 15. I love it, works great. I've fired 4 clips one after another in probably under 60 seconds and not one problem. Only thing I don't like about it, it's not the tightest fit. There is a little bit of a wobble between it an the gun

Old 01-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMyGlock
I own it. I have it on my M&P 15. I love it, works great. I've fired 4 clips one after another in probably under 60 seconds and not one problem. Only thing I don't like about it, it's not the tightest fit. There is a little bit of a wobble between it an the gun
Has it affected the accuracy? What I mean is...my ArmaLite has a "recommended interval" between rounds in order to maintain accuracy for the rated life of the barrel. Has yours fallen off, or does that matter enough to you to track?

Old 01-21-2012, 12:37 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Last edited by mjkeat; 01-22-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

I'm sorry but for some reason reading the word "serious" in a thread talking about the slide fire made me chuckle a little.
Yeah...but I gotta admit, I'm considering buying a "beater" AR to install one of these onto. As soon as one of these guys reports back that it did/did not fry theirs, anyway.

Closed Thread