Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   The new Slide Fire (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/new-slide-fire-55925/)

ShadowArms 01-20-2012 05:03 PM

If you haven't heard yet I thought I would let everyone know that there is a new product called the slide fire for you AR and AK's. It takes the concept of bump firing and allows you to fire your semi auto as a rapid fire so auto.

www.slidefire.com

They have a lot of YouTube videos and I have seen it in person and plan on purchasing one for my AR and my AK. It incredible and completely legal.

Quentin 01-20-2012 08:30 PM

Yeah there've been a lot of threads on this over the last few months.

Chandler51 01-20-2012 08:39 PM

Seems like that might be asking for a mechanical failure...not sure that many of the commercial AR's could take much of that...I could be wrong.

Cattledog 01-20-2012 08:43 PM

Yeah I've seen that too and from what know about bump firing and AR's, that device seems like a good way to break your rifle.

ShadowArms 01-21-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cattledog
Yeah I've seen that too and from what know about bump firing and AR's, that device seems like a good way to break your rifle.

After I get mine and use it I will let you know how it performs after serious use. I plan to really test out it's durability.

Chandler51 01-21-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowArms

After I get mine and use it I will let you know how it performs after serious use. I plan to really test out it's durability.

Yeah....report back, please. I'd like to know how it performed and if it caused you any issues w/your rifle. thanks!

TouchMyGlock 01-21-2012 01:26 AM

I own it. I have it on my M&P 15. I love it, works great. I've fired 4 clips one after another in probably under 60 seconds and not one problem. Only thing I don't like about it, it's not the tightest fit. There is a little bit of a wobble between it an the gun

Chandler51 01-21-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TouchMyGlock
I own it. I have it on my M&P 15. I love it, works great. I've fired 4 clips one after another in probably under 60 seconds and not one problem. Only thing I don't like about it, it's not the tightest fit. There is a little bit of a wobble between it an the gun

Has it affected the accuracy? What I mean is...my ArmaLite has a "recommended interval" between rounds in order to maintain accuracy for the rated life of the barrel. Has yours fallen off, or does that matter enough to you to track?

mjkeat 01-21-2012 01:37 AM

Chandler51 01-21-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat

I'm sorry but for some reason reading the word "serious" in a thread talking about the slide fire made me chuckle a little.

Yeah...but I gotta admit, I'm considering buying a "beater" AR to install one of these onto. As soon as one of these guys reports back that it did/did not fry theirs, anyway. :D