Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New RRA upper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 12:28 AM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5314 Times on 2774 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Jon,

The traditional triangle handguards WILL FIT on the Rock River NM Rifle.

sweet!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Sniper,

do you know anything about the rra 2 stage trigger chrome vs non chrome?? i ordered the chrome version cuz the chrome rra bcg on my A1 upper is super easy to clean. is the whole trigger assembly chromed or just the trigger part extending out in the finger guard area.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-28-2011, 04:21 AM   #23

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

It's all chrome Jon. Got one in my rifle as well. It seems to be a much smoother pull to me, and is easier to clean, especially if using dirty or corrosive ammo.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Thanks. I wont be using any corrosive ammo in this one but i really like ease of cleaning.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

just got a shipping email from RRA the new upper will be in on monday. im pretty excited!!

Old 07-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #26

I have the RRA A2 upper but not NM. I'm pretty happy with the SS HBAR arrangment. Everything went to together no problem, tight fit, etc. Good deal.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:05 AM   #27

I have a 1:8 twist RRA NM upper and am shooting 62grn Sierra BTHP's and they are amazing with Varget powder. I am shooting 1/2" groups with 26.5grns and this bullet at 100 meters.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 07-16-2011, 02:32 AM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus556 View Post
I have a 1:8 twist RRA NM upper and am shooting 62grn Sierra BTHP's and they are amazing with Varget powder. I am shooting 1/2" groups with 26.5grns and this bullet at 100 meters.
open sights??

i got 16 inch groups with some going in the paper sideways at 100yds with my 1:12 twist A1 barrel using 25grn win748 and sierra 68grn bthp... heh

cant wait to try em out in the new upper

Old 07-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

JonM, what shipping time did you end up having from RRA on your upper? I'm probably going to go with a complete RRA 5.56 AR upper from them too, but the 60 days shipping time seems long.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:45 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
open sights??

i got 16 inch groups with some going in the paper sideways at 100yds with my 1:12 twist A1 barrel using 25grn win748 and sierra 68grn bthp... heh

cant wait to try em out in the new upper

Open sights but strapped in a lead sled.

The lower twist rate and heavier bullet will cause keyholing. If you have a 1:12 twist, I would use someting like a Sierra 45grn SP. Heavier bullets need a faster twist.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)