Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New RRA upper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ive got a rra lower decked out in A2 format but with A1 grip. got their 2 stage trigger on order to replace the dpms trigger and sear. gonna slap some triangle hand guards on it hehehhe the lower is also the base for my 458socom, 45acp and A1 uppers
Sounds like a good combo. I like the RRA 2 stage alot.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Awesome.

I need a 1:8 barrel. It keeps getting said but every time I purchase a new upper I go back to 1:7.

Doesn't look like they sell one already threaded though.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #13

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

I think you will be very happy with that RRA upper there Jon. My RRA build has been a peach performer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5323 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 336

I ordered it with bead blast finish not really sure what that is but after seeing how well the bead blast on my 460 rowland came out i went with it in hopes it will get rid of most of that silver stainless look. If it doesnt ill have to get it parkerized.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #15

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Hey Jon you can't figure out the facebook thread but you got this one figured out. Nice lookin upper you got there.

The bead blasting will give it an almost dull gray like Rugers Target Gray rifles. I wish I would have spent the extra $$$ on it.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2231 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1144

JonM,

I do not believe you will be disappointed with the RRA NM. It should actualy be a 1/4 to 1/2 MOA Upper from the bags! If you got the A-4 with the Removable Rear Sight Assembly that is also good if you ever plan on scoping the rifle and or changing out the Fixed Front Sight Post to a Weaver Rail or Flip up system. The NM Carry Handle as one of the guys ask about is of a special design when the Removables were made legal for DCM and Camp Perry competition. The removable NM Carry Handle is not your normal Carry Handle. It had to be redesigned inside so that the Removable Carry Handle & Rear Sight could obtain both adjustment for 600 Yards and be able to return to under 200 Yard Zero. RRA worked that out when it became legal a few years ago. Also just for an inside note! The NM Barrel used on the RRA National Match Rifles (20") are the same barrels used on the Predator Pursuit Model (20" Rifle) less the A-2 Front Sight Housing. Good luck and let us know how it shoots!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

i ordered the fixed A2 upper version. ive never liked the looks of the detachable handles. my wife's AR has one and i really dont like it. the little knobs seem to go out of their way to hang on everything. just personal pref. i do intend to scope it to see what it can really do, but ive been shooting scopes off my SP1 carry handle since around 1986. its just what im used to. main use is open sights tho. the low scope mount just feels odd to me.

im really anxious to try it out. went and looked up some pics of their bead blast stainless it looks pretty sweet. kinda looks like halfway tween stainless and grey parkerizing.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Jon,

That is correct! The bead blasted finish looks like a dull light grey! And will not reflect. My RRA NM is also a fixed and a fine rifle. I have varmint rifles so I wanted the real McCoy Match Rifle. Also got the hardware in Black since the Green Hardware (Free Float Handguard) is not the new NM Thermal Mold Material. The Thermal Mold is much more rigid without any of the flex experienced in the Green or standard NM Handguard hardware.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

this one comes with the thermold guards but im partial to the triangle guards i hope they swap in and out in case some match official decides triangle guards arent real m16 issue heh.

i had so much fun with that iron 50 match sunday i want to do more matches but my rifles are all milsurp or hunting guns. which is the reason i ordered this upper.

Last edited by JonM; 06-27-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Jon,

The traditional triangle handguards WILL FIT on the Rock River NM Rifle.