Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New rifle and metamorphosis--->>>

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New rifle and metamorphosis--->>>

I Just recieved my new Stag 2T that is replacing my Bushmaster XM15-ES (See First Photo)

This is the Right Handed, Stag 2T right out of the box. It came in a hard case, no sling, with one NHMTG (Hartford, CT) GI style mag w/ green follower, but is shown with a P-Mag.

An immediate field strip to check gas key staking showed an acceptable stake job.

Continued...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #2

The 2T came with dual sling mounts on the FSB lower, and to the left side clamped to barrel at the FSB.
It has a Sampson Star-C, free float, quad rail. The quad rail features a removable lower section, via a push pin release, to accommodate such add ons like M203, shotgun attachment, etc. The rail is very sturdy, hast T-markings, and rearward QD sling swivel points on the left and right side, as well as one forward on the bottom. Black rail ladders (3) are also provided.
The FSB is F-marked and has a bayonet lug.
The Barrel is chrome lined as well as the chamber, and comes in the 16" M4 configuration. It has standard feed ramps, which appear more than adequate, as viewed with a mag in, come all the way down to the front edge of the mag level. M4 feed ramps would appear to have been well below the top edge of the mag.
The included rear BUIS is an A.R.M.S. #40 L.

The rear sight is metal, .75 MOA, and is very stout. Dual apertures both feature a slot on top that is ideal for CQB fast aquisition and target ranging.

The 2T comes with a standard A2 grip and a 6 position mil-spec buffer tube assy, and collapsible stock that is very adequate.

The 2T is very light as is, and I'm very happy with it.
I paid $950 out the door which is an excellent deal.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #3

I got my accessories a couple of days ago and thought I'd show my add-on's

First off was a new stock. I decided on the Magpul ACS in FDE. I had to buy an ACS QD sling mount for the stock as it has the mounting hole but no mount. It can be installed right or left handed. (One note: when installing the ACS QD sling mount, be sure to add a small flat washer under the swivel socket side to shim the mount out. Normal installation results in the sling swivel hitting the ACS stock and preventing it from rotating all the way around.)
Over all I really like the stock. It is solid and functions great. It has battery compartments on both sides to accommodate 4-AA or 6-CR123 batteries. A small compartment on the rear right side for a cleaning kit, oil, or whatever, I havent decided on that yet.
The stock is a little wide, but the cheek weld is sweet! It feels alot like a Steyr Aug stock.

I also added a Daniel Defense PAK offset light mount and a new Surefire G2X Tac light.

To finish the build, I added a Magpul Moe grip, and a Magpul AFG in FDE. Plus a VTAC padded sling and swivels, and finished it off with an almost new, Aimpoint Comp ML3 with a Larue QD Cantilever mount w/ spare battery compartment.

Total cost was $1,725.

Continued....

Last edited by Bushman; 01-08-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #4

How'd I do?

Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #5

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Very nice, very nice indeed! Congrats

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Looks like a very sweet addition. Looking forward to a range report to see how she works.

JD

Old 01-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Very nice Bushman. Id shoot the hell out of it.

Have you thought about a enhanced trigger guard?

Try the light on the 3 o' clock position. It might give you a little more visibility.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #8

Thanks..
I planned on an enhanced trigger guard, but overlooked it when ordering. Durrr!
I'll get that as soon as I can make another order, or sneak it past the wife, which ever comes first.
The light currently wont fit @ the 3 'o clock position, because of the thumb wheel on the lower side. I would have to dremel a relief into the AFG1. Might look at it closer to decide whether to dremel the "wings" off it, on that side.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:20 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Im not passing judgment just trying to help. You have a really nice rifle Bushman.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:27 AM   #10

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Congrats, that be a purty nice rifle there! Let us know how she works out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”