New rifle build and the last thing I need is sights or optics HELP! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New rifle build and the last thing I need is sights or optics HELP!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
The point to take from this is that 'ideal for me' may not be the same as 'great for you'. In many cases, a great piece of equipment is a great piece of equipment...period. This can apply to BCGs, barrels, etc. But furniture and optics are a very personal choice, much like a carry pistol. Find what works for you.

I really like Vortex and Aimpoint. I dislike EoTech (they're not terrible, just don't measure up to my preferences given the cost), even though I own one...somewhat regrettably. Generally I'll recommend Aimpoint over EoTech every time, but I'm sure there are some who have sound personal reasons to disagree. Trijicon is probably great, but a little beyond my means and needs.

This board can often help to point you in the right general direction. But much of the AR journey ends up being trial and error.
Gander has Vortex Strikefires for $149 on sale. Picked one up today as based on your description it is the best option at that price-point. It's gotta be better than the Sightmark Piece of Poop the rifle had on it when I purchased it (it needed constant re adjustment and I didn't by an AR or any of it's components to be unreliable). Not a big fan of the flip up scope covers, that's cosmetic anyway, but everything else seems very solid. Guess the proof will be in the pudding as they say

Old 09-18-2013, 01:42 AM   #22

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Your strikefire was a good choice.

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 09-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #23

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Your strikefire was a good choice.
you ain't kidding about that one. love the scope-style MOA adjustments, I got zeroed in after only 10-11 rounds. very simple, I'll take targets like these at 100 yds with a no-magnification dot any day.
photo12.jpg