new, purchase on a 223/5.56 ?? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

new, purchase on a 223/5.56 ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 340 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

or a colt.....

Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

I saw a brand new Stag today for $850. AR prices are down from what they were a couple of years ago.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Get Daniel Defense!

Old 02-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
Get Daniel Defense!
Good weapon but it's over his spending limit by a couple hundred. Colt or BCM for a sub $1k AR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Quick question... can you please fill in the blanks? What do you intend to do with the rifle? Give us as much detail as you can. I'd spend hours reading about ARs right now, it's by far the best favor you can do for yourself. We'll be glad to help but give this a lot of thought.
Its mostly going to be a range gun and a small game getter..

Old 02-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #16

I am completly aware of the thousands of pages of post I've looked here and other places for months.. rented at the range... read hours of black gun magizine pages...people seem to be caught in the best of the best arguments a lot that is all. My problem... I'm a 30|30, bolt, shotgun, 1911 owner and my judgment on those is a lot more detailed. Black rifels have been nothing more then a curiosity to me before six months ago. but I have learned they are great shooters and a lot of fun.. I just can't see spending more then a thosuand right now... your answers are really apprecaited.. I just didn't want to be caught purchasing a dud that had an inticing price tag.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #17

I really like coyote hunting, big in to the shooting range, and wouldn't mind using it for rabbit hunting if a can find a round that won't go splat to much. I like the camo layout such as the remington modle and the m and p is nice but seems basic and how hard would it be to attach add ons?

Old 02-17-2012, 01:47 AM   #18

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Ok to toss us off subject.
How does the Galil match up aganist the AR's. Is it as, almost, not even close to accurate? What about handling? I know there is not nearly as many add on's foe it.
If I was going to get obe id get at least two, parts and the like so I hope that wont be a priblem.
Thoughts...

Old 02-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69willys View Post
I really like coyote hunting, big in to the shooting range, and wouldn't mind using it for rabbit hunting if a can find a round that won't go splat to much. I like the camo layout such as the remington modle and the m and p is nice but seems basic and how hard would it be to attach add ons?
You can do just fine w/ a $1k budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spack762 View Post
Ok to toss us off subject.
How does the Galil match up aganist the AR's. Is it as, almost, not even close to accurate? What about handling? I know there is not nearly as many add on's foe it.
If I was going to get obe id get at least two, parts and the like so I hope that wont be a priblem.
Thoughts...
Two different beasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69willys View Post
I am completly aware of the thousands of pages of post I've looked here and other places for months.. rented at the range... read hours of black gun magizine pages...people seem to be caught in the best of the best arguments a lot that is all. My problem... I'm a 30|30, bolt, shotgun, 1911 owner and my judgment on those is a lot more detailed. Black rifels have been nothing more then a curiosity to me before six months ago. but I have learned they are great shooters and a lot of fun.. I just can't see spending more then a thosuand right now... your answers are really apprecaited.. I just didn't want to be caught purchasing a dud that had an inticing price tag.
Here's an option to look into if you wanna stay under 1k
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/rifle-kits.html

All you would need is a stripped lower receiver and a go getter attitude and you could end up with a decent 6-700 dollar rifle. There's even a how-to stickied in this very forum on assembling the lower receiver. Just another option to consider. Built my first one with very little knowledge of the platform with the help of some of the good fellas on this site

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"