Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   new, purchase on a 223/5.56 ?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/new-purchase-223-5-56-a-57838/)

69willys 02-16-2012 04:37 AM

new, purchase on a 223/5.56 ??
 
Hey all quick question... I have been spending time at the range with a buddy who has allowed me to shoot his bushmaster 223.. I'm officially hooked. I have no, more then a grand to spend. What is going to be my best pick for the price over quality and accuracy? Please no 1500 dollar black swat approved models I can not go there the women in my life would kill me!

Quentin 02-16-2012 06:33 AM

Quick question... can you please fill in the blanks? What do you intend to do with the rifle? Give us as much detail as you can. I'd spend hours reading about ARs right now, it's by far the best favor you can do for yourself. We'll be glad to help but give this a lot of thought.

jamesb 02-16-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 710282)
Quick question... can you please fill in the blanks? What do you intend to do with the rifle? Give us as much detail as you can. I'd spend hours reading about ARs right now, it's by far the best favor you can do for yourself. We'll be glad to help but give this a lot of thought.

This. Do this. Then come back and show us some that you are interested in.

Okie_fd 02-16-2012 04:03 PM

I think what Quentin is saying is there are a lot of threads where ppl has asked the very same question. It's hard for these guys to help if you don't clarify what is the purpose of the gun. Just plinking or 300 yrd shots or SHTF gun. Basically you can learn a lot by reading the other threads and narrow it down a bit. Then the gurus can help with specifics.

damocles 02-16-2012 04:16 PM

I have the same question, been looking through threads. What if you want a shtf gun that you want to use for 300m plinking?

spack762 02-16-2012 04:22 PM

What about a Galil?? As a 300yard gun and a SHTF?? Id like one, but never have touched obe.

Wi_Hunter556 02-16-2012 04:44 PM

Bushmaster has the orc which is cheap. I bought a daniel defense and they run around $1500, I got mine for a grand from a buddy that bought it and never used it. But check out delton they make some quality rifles from the reviews that are out there. Aero precisions and palmettos are good too. Id go with an ar for SHTF weapon. A galil wouldn't be my choice for an SHTF weapon because of avalibility of parts. Way more ar's out there than galils. Even a ruger mini 14 would be a good choice alsom

mjkeat 02-16-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 710282)
Quick question... can you please fill in the blanks? What do you intend to do with the rifle? Give us as much detail as you can. I'd spend hours reading about ARs right now, it's by far the best favor you can do for yourself. We'll be glad to help but give this a lot of thought.

Always on top of things aren't you? :D This should be an automated responce.

jamesb 02-16-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wi_Hunter556 (Post 710578)
.....But check out delton they make some quality rifles from the reviews that are out there...

Really? He has around $1k to spend and you toss out Delton. :D I'd go BCM for $1k. Stag Arms is around $800-900 depending on model, but I think the BCM is a great SHTF and also quality.

If you want something cheaper so you can use some of that money for ammo then check out the S&W M&P lineup.

mjkeat 02-16-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesb

Really? He has around $1k to spend and you toss out Delton. :D I'd go BCM for $1k. Stag Arms is around $800-900 depending on model, but I think the BCM is a great SHTF and also quality.

If you want something cheaper so you can use some of that money for ammo then check out the S&W M&P lineup.

Yep. $930 will get you a BCM.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:47 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.