Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New Owner Questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

No but I grew up wanting to be an accountant or Mafia hit man. The Infantry gave me a little of both w/ all the paperwork and the other stuff.

I may look into going into the AF once my degree is finished. .Mil life wasn't bad, the being gone all the time sucked though.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #32

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Pmags Love them. Won't use any other mag in my AR.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
OK, as previously stated I bought an AR. Now I am ready to ACCESSORIZE. As I see it, the only accessory I really need is several magazines. So. What is the best magazine that I can afford? What's a reasonable price for a decent magazine? I'm not poor but I'm not JD either.
A lot of professionals out there will tell you to get newer model P-Mags, or USGI mags with P-Mag followers. These will cost you about $15 from my shopping. The HK magazines recommended by Bools are also probably very good, since HK generally makes a quality product. It's about your budget, because people carrying these guns in harms way will argue about which of these three choices is best. Try them all and see what your experience is.

Better yet, try the new Troy Battle Mag and come back to us with a review.
Troy BattleMag|Troy Advanced Polymers|Upgrades|Troy Industries| |

I would also recommend a quality sling, like the Blue Force Gear VCAS, as a piece of required equipment.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 08-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #34

I agree with bighead. What you choose as your preferred magazine is, just that, your choice. Me, I use TAPCO Gen II PMAG in my AR, but in the Corps we had the USGI mags. Have not had a problem with my PMAGs yet, but am sure one will pop up eventually. The USGI we used in the Corps would usually give you a little hick-up, but then again they went through a lot more rounds than my PMAGs are currently going through. Every mag has its positives and negatives. Just try them out and see what you like, what feels good to you, what makes your little killer inside smile and say, "That makes me want to go shoot something." As for all the bickering over I like this one and you like that one, so you must me wrong BS, it's a forum. That is what they are used for to settle differing opinions in whatever manner you want to, so bicker on brothers.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #35

Liked 944 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 933

TAPCO Gen II PMAG?

I have Magpul and S&W PMAGs, I'm sure that's what you meant...

Anyway, PMAG or GI, they're both GTG

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:46 AM   #36

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
TAPCO Gen II PMAG?

I have Magpul and S&W PMAGs, I'm sure that's what you meant...

Anyway, PMAG or GI, they're both GTG
I was thinking the same thing lol