Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New Homeland Defense Rifle!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 12:03 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Good job! Nice price too! I recently purchased my first AR , but I bought mine complete from Bushmaster - Almost twice that price!

Old 04-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
I just ordered my 1st AR. I bought the upper from bravocompanyusa.com
Stag Arms M4 profile 16" Upper Receiver Group.
Ready to mount to complete AR-15 lower receiver group for $385 (shipped)
Features:
16 inch Chrome Lined Bore and Chamber
M4 Profile
5.56 NATO
1/9 Twist
T-Marked Flat Top Upper Receiver
Forged Milspec "F" marked front sight base
Side Sling Mount

The gun shop by my house will sell me the complete Stag Arms lower for $295
The total for my 1st Homeland Defense Rifle - $680
Stag Arms M4 profile 16" Upper Receiver Group. Ready to mount to your complete AR-15 lower receiver group.

This upper comes just as an upper receiver group or has options to add a bolt carrier group and charging handle package (add $90)
and a bolt carrier group, charging handle, and MI ERS back up iron sight package. (add $140)

You did remember to add these, right? It's still a very good price on the upper, but you will need to add the BCG and charging handle, either from them or wherever. Also, you may want to add a BUIS or some type of optic.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #13
bkt

Liked 1303 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the charging handle is in the picture on bravocompanyusa.com for this upper. It would stink to show it with the handle (which implies the bcg is in there, too) and not actually include it.

Worst case, a bcg and handle won't set you back too much.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the charging handle is in the picture on bravocompanyusa.com for this upper. It would stink to show it with the handle (which implies the bcg is in there, too) and not actually include it.

Worst case, a bcg and handle won't set you back too much.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Stag-Arms-16-M4-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/stag%20m4%2016%20urg.htm

True, it does look like it shows them in their ad, but they do state to select from the two packages. $140 for the BCG, handle, and BUIS is a very decent price. And $90 for the BCG and handle is pretty darn good, too. I was just wondering if Samhain had noticed that in the ad when he ordered the upper.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

slowryde45 you are correct.... The upper came in today, without the bolt carrier group, & charging handle. When I read your post I emailed Bravocompanyusa, and they did confirm I just ordered the upper. I thought for sure I ordered "a complete upper" and I thought I did enough homework.
I never know the bolt and charging handle were not included in the upper.
Anyway, I have the lower, and the upper..... my local shop does not have the parts I need in stock, but will order them, and he does not know when they will come in. So my search is on......

I should have just spent the extra coin and bought a complete AR ready to go out the door.

Last edited by Samhain; 04-07-2008 at 07:59 PM.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #16

Quote:

I should have just spent the extra coin and bought a complete AR ready to go out the door.
Nope, just means the next one you buy will be one you put together yourself. Trust me the urge to buy another one will begin to wear on you.

You can buy yourself a Complete upper or a stripped lower. Assemble the lower yourself and look for deals on stocks or even LPKs. You could buy the complete upper with a sight or look for a gently used one as well.

BRD is like tattoos, you think one will do it, but you find yourself thinking about two, or three, or four........

Just for refrence:
Stag-15 Model 2H Pre-Ban
$489.00
Comes with BCG, CH, and BUIS
http://ar15sa.fatcow.com/store/page2.html

Old 04-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
slowryde45 you are correct.... The upper came in today, without the bolt carrier group, & charging handle. When I read your post I emailed Bravocompanyusa, and they did confirm I just ordered the upper. I thought for sure I ordered "a complete upper" and I thought I did enough homework.
I never know the bolt and charging handle were not included in the upper.
Anyway, I have the lower, and the upper..... my local shop does not have the parts I need in stock, but will order them, and he does not know when they will come in. So my search is on......

Sam, don't fret it. You still have a very good upper and lower there. You just have to pick up a bolt carrier group and charging handle now, and possibly back-up iron sights, for those times when you are not using a scope. What you might do is email Bravo and see if you can still add those items from them for the prices they quoted in the ad. Like I said, the $90 or $140 package they offered is still a very good price for those items. And I know from experience that Bravo Co. wasn't out to deceive anyone in their ad, they are great folks to deal with, based on my own dealings with them many times.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:46 PM   #18
bkt

Quote:
Nope. You did just fine. Buy a BCG and charging handle and you're all set. No big deal. It'll still be a lot cheaper than a pre-built complete rifle.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:46 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

thanks guys, Bavo has been very good to me, it was my fault for not noticing I didn't order everything I needed. I have email the guys at Bravo to see if I can order the parts I need, buy the way I put the upper and lower together and it looks very cool. I am 100% satisfied.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:02 AM   #20
bkt

Quote:
thanks guys, Bavo has been very good to me, it was my fault for not noticing I didn't order everything I needed. I have email the guys at Bravo to see if I can order the parts I need, buy the way I put the upper and lower together and it looks very cool. I am 100% satisfied.
Damn, bud, it has to be a freakin' tease. You'll be satisfied only after you get to the range.

Post some pics when it's all together.