New gun at work - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New gun at work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Haha I'll see what I can do. It'll be like the rest of the expensive as sh*t guns that won't be bought up in the gun rack for months and just a show piece unless an idiot comes into work and doesn't listen like most of them
It is Income Tax return time you know, Someone will break the bank for that laser etching mark on the side

Old 02-09-2012, 01:29 AM   #22

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
It is Income Tax return time you know, Someone will break the bank for that laser etching mark on the side
And that in itself saddens me that someone will pay for that crap

Old 02-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #23

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Came into work today after a few days off and looked up at the AR section. You guessed it, sold the Red Jacket already

Old 02-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Came into work today after a few days off and looked up at the AR section. You guessed it, sold the Red Jacket already
That is why all these "just as good" posts annoy me. The do nothing but add validity to these BS manufacturers. It makes them think they can produce crap and still turn a profit.

Dig up the paper work, go over to his house and hit him over the head w/ the RJ AR.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #25

Liked 1005 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

I finally watched the Red Jacket/Sons of Guns episode about the first Shootrite Katana on Netflix. It actually was a fairly entertaining show but the misinformation was appaling. They made it seem like theirs is the only lightweight M4 out there and everybody was raving how this was a game changer and only about $1800. Heck, last year I put together a LW Daniel Defense for half that price and I know you did too, MJ!

And 6 pound ARs? Haven't they been around since before the Vietnam War?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
I finally watched the Red Jacket/Sons of Guns episode about the first Shootrite Katana on Netflix. It actually was a fairly entertaining show but the misinformation was appaling. They made it seem like theirs is the only lightweight M4 out there and everybody was raving how this was a game changer and only about $1800. Heck, last year I put together a LW Daniel Defense for half that price and I know you did too, MJ!

And 6 pound ARs? Haven't they been around since before the Vietnam War?
I'll take an A1 any day. Should have picked up one of those Classic Firearms had then trashed the lower for a NoDak re-pro.

DD makes a great AR. Even w/ the 12" RIS II it feels as light as the BCM w/ 11" Samson Evo. Great balance.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."