New gun at work - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

New gun at work


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ZombieKiller83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Prior Lake,Minnesota
Posts: 422
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Meh i prefer my BCM.... and it was 200.00 cheaper
__________________
"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"
ZombieKiller83 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

I had a buddy over for the supper bowl and asking if I knew if he could buy a Red Jacket internally suppressed AK...

Had to roll my eyes and chuckle.

Then on Monday nights Canun Pawn Stars they bought a Replica 1717 French Musket from a customer for $750.00
I can buy the same Replica online for $499.00

A guy could make some decent gun fund money by buying what we see on these shows then selling them for the prices these TV idiots say there worth. Of course you'd be need to be ok with screwing over friends who trust your judgement and integrity and I just could not go there.

Tack
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieKiller83 View Post
Meh i prefer my BCM.... and it was 200.00 cheaper
And you know it's quality. No guessing game involved. That's worth another $200-$300 at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I had a buddy over for the supper bowl and asking if I knew if he could buy a Red Jacket internally suppressed AK...

Had to roll my eyes and chuckle.

Then on Monday nights Canun Pawn Stars they bought a Replica 1717 French Musket from a customer for $750.00
I can buy the same Replica online for $499.00

A guy could make some decent gun fund money by buying what we see on these shows then selling them for the prices these TV idiots say there worth. Of course you'd be need to be ok with screwing over friends who trust your judgement and integrity and I just could not go there.

Tack
RJ obviously has no integrity.
__________________
“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,526
Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Did you check under the handguard?

The site doesn't even say what cal it is.
I had the thing broken down as soon as it was out of the box and looked all over. From the part of the barrel showing, it didn't have any markings at all on it besides the stupid logo. I think that they're over compensating for something if they have to logo every moving part on the gun. I told everyone who looked at it how sketch the company is and they all agreed the smiths and windam* weaponry ARs were way better and 400 bucks cheaper
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I had the thing broken down as soon as it was out of the box and looked all over. From the part of the barrel showing, it didn't have any markings at all on it besides the stupid logo. I think that they're over compensating for something if they have to logo every moving part on the gun. I told everyone who looked at it how sketch the company is and they all agreed the smiths and windam* weaponry ARs were way better and 400 bucks cheaper
I want to see a picture w/ that thing covered in dust sitting in a corner somewhere
__________________
“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,805
Liked 1151 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I want to see a picture w/ that thing covered in dust sitting in a corner somewhere
in about 6 months you will find that thing on the discount rack
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tellmaster207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 524
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Default

I emailed RJ two weeks ago about there 1911. I would buy one, not to shoot but as an investment. Could be worth a lot of $ someday.
Flash forward 20 years & RJ will be the one's that saved the 2A. Lol most likely not but most investments don't pan out well.

And I hate there show.
tellmaster207 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmaster207 View Post
I emailed RJ two weeks ago about there 1911. I would buy one, not to shoot but as an investment. Could be worth a lot of $ someday.
Flash forward 20 years & RJ will be the one's that saved the 2A. Lol most likely not but most investments don't pan out well.

And I hate there show.
How about you just send the money to me. You're return will be identical, zero
__________________
“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,526
Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

I want to see a picture w/ that thing covered in dust sitting in a corner somewhere
Haha I'll see what I can do. It'll be like the rest of the expensive as sh*t guns that won't be bought up in the gun rack for months and just a show piece unless an idiot comes into work and doesn't listen like most of them
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Haha I'll see what I can do. It'll be like the rest of the expensive as sh*t guns that won't be bought up in the gun rack for months and just a show piece unless an idiot comes into work and doesn't listen like most of them
It's sad but it could happen.
__________________
“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Looking For Work opaww The Club House 2 08-26-2010 09:41 AM
Another Day At Work. user4 The Club House 5 07-26-2010 04:16 PM
This just might work! canebrake Legal and Activism 2 04-13-2010 08:02 PM
Does anyone work?? jpattersonnh The Club House 32 04-07-2010 02:48 AM



Newest Threads