Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New gun at work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default New gun at work

I unload freight for hunting and fishing for academy sports and outdoors so I get to see all the new guns we get in and as I was looking at the long gun boxes I noticed a familiar logo so I looked at the papers with the guns we're supposed to receive etc and sure enough, we got in a red jacket AR. Since when did they start distributing firearms out? Especially since of all ATF shenanigans they got into

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I unload freight for hunting and fishing for academy sports and outdoors so I get to see all the new guns we get in and as I was looking at the long gun boxes I noticed a familiar logo so I looked at the papers with the guns we're supposed to receive etc and sure enough, we got in a red jacket AR. Since when did they start distributing firearms out? Especially since of all ATF shenanigans they got into
The poor unsuspecting masses that will swarm on it becuase they don't know any better and RJ has a TV show so they must know what they are doing.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #3

Yeah and for 1200 bucks, I'd rather buy the Sigs we carry or one of the smiths and buy extra toys for it for that price

Old 02-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1107 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1978

I think your right MJ the average American that watchs their show really doesnt see thru all the smoke and mirrors and believes in what they see on TV. Myself believes they probably do make some quality stuff thats over priced but all the schenanigans I see on TV makes me wonder if they truley know what the hell they are doing . I know alot of this is for TV and helps keep peoples attention because people want to see soap opera drama . Me I just wanna see some kick ass guns making bullets fly down range with good reports

Old 02-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #5

Here are some pictures I was able to snag. It has a magpul pop up rear sight, forward hand guard and collapsible stock. I broke it down and the bolt was scratched, barrel wasn't cleaned and it had the "RJF" logo printed at least 5 times on it

image-1575159566.jpg   image-1686530224.jpg   image-2025003273.jpg  

Old 02-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

What are the specs?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
What are the specs?
I would like to know this also, but this is what they claim online

Specifications:

Bolt- Meets and/or exceeds all Mil-Spec requirements. Each is individually MPI and HPT (High Pressure Tested) tested and certified. High Nickel and Chromium content alloy for longevity and the ultimate in reliability. Every bolt is equipped with an extreme duty extractor and spring set. Fully stress relieved and surface hardened.

Carrier- Mil-Spec M-16 style carrier for the smoothest action and utmost reliability. These are phosphate coated and properly staked to ensure a long life. RJF Logo laser engraved and visible through ejection port. All componets are MilSpec, with a hard chrome firing pin.

The upper and lower receivers are forged from 7075-T6 aluminum, equipped with a either a 1/7 Twist rate M4 profile chrome lined barrel or a match grade 1/7 stainless barrel, fluted for stiffness and superior accuracy.

These come in your choice of 4 Magpul furniture colors. The gun ships with the Magpul CTR, MOE pistol grip and MOE forend, one Magpul PMAG included.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

can we get a few pics of the feed ramps and the staking on the bolt ?

Old 02-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
What are the specs?
Didn't really say. I know it's a .223, id presume a 5.56 but the barrel never said. Regular 16" barrel, no markings at all so I'm not sure on barrel twist

Old 02-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Didn't really say. I know it's a .223, id presume a 5.56 but the barrel never said. Regular 16" barrel, no markings at all so I'm not sure on barrel twist
Did you check under the handguard?

The site doesn't even say what cal it is.

All I have to say is, Why. Why when you can get a PSA w/ similar if not better specs and midlength to boot?

Did you see their $2500 piston gun they're coming out w/? Stupid.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-08-2012 at 03:07 PM.