new frontier poly lower
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > new frontier poly lower

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default new frontier poly lower

Full disclosure, I know nothing about ar's other then I want one. I found this complete lower with parts kit, pistol grip and butt stock for $199. Is it worth it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #2

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Before the drought no. Now, maybe

Old 02-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 113 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 23

If you only want an AR pattern rifle but have no intention to run it hard or stake your life on its operation, the NFA poly lower may be okay for you. Don't have any high expectations for it. Understand that it is plastic doing the work of metal and may not hold up as well. Do some research here and on other forums. Make and informed and educated decision. Do not settle for "almost as good as" just to have an AR.

EDUB

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm in no real hurry to get an ar, but current events worry me. I always wanted an ar, but it was never a necessity for me. I just don't want the government telling me I can't have one. I'll probably end up passing on the frontier one for the time being and do some more research. Hopefully the market stabilizes and they become affordable again.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I have two New Frontier poly lowers and they are very well built and solid. I have no doubt that they will provide a long durable service life regardless of what others say. Just the same mine are both attached to CMMG .22LR uppers and are only used for plinking. I did attach one to a RRA 9mm upper for a while and it ran just fine.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 113 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry18 View Post
I have two New Frontier poly lowers and they are very well built and solid. I have no doubt that they will provide a long durable service life regardless of what others say. Just the same mine are both attached to CMMG .22LR uppers and are only used for plinking. I did attach one to a RRA 9mm upper for a while and it ran just fine.

I see that you are using your NFA lower as a plinker and it is working out just fine. If you will re read my post you will see that I said that these are just fine for exactly that.

Use the search function and read the multiple discussions that have gone on, on this board alone. You will see that there are many strong arguments for not buying these as a SHTF type weapon.

Once again; If you only want a plinker or an AR pattern/looks cool rifle, then get the NFA. If you feel that you want a SERIOUS weapon, buy a forged lower. A forged lower is like a divorce. It costs more because it's worth it.

EDUB

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by EW1066; 02-26-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #7

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I have one, the fit is excellent.

Lifetime warranty

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #8

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

A life time warranty on a firearm that fails? Is that for real or a joke? It would be a safe bet for the guy making them. People who lose gun battles hardly ever complain.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #9

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
A life time warranty on a firearm that fails? Is that for real or a joke? It would be a safe bet for the guy making them. People who lose gun battles hardly ever complain.
I've offered this up to members of other forums as well .

Failure? Pics or it didn't happen.

We trust the plastic lowered pistols carried by ourselves and LEO, but so many people are quick to call a rifle lower junk

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

DFlynt Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #10

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

lifetime warranty is nice...when the company is around.

I bought a plum crazy lower because it was cheap, I already had a real AR, and it had a lifetime warranty.

I put 300-400 rounds through it without an issue. it was just as reliable and accurate as my other, name brand, aluminum AR.

but, one day, I went to look up Plum Crazy, and it would seem they simply vanished into thin air one night. nobody knows what happened to them for sure.

looks like my lifetime warranty was only a 7 month warranty. Can't get a warranty from a company that doesn't exist anymore.

I finally sold that poly lower, but the ONLY reason I sold it, was because the panic had set in, and my buddy wanted to buy an AR but couldn't find one. so I sold him a complete AR for $600, when there were none in the stores and the dealers at the shows were asking 1800 and up.