Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   new frontier poly lower (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/new-frontier-poly-lower-85218/)

jeremyx28 02-26-2013 03:42 PM

new frontier poly lower

Full disclosure, I know nothing about ar's other then I want one. I found this complete lower with parts kit, pistol grip and butt stock for $199. Is it worth it?

bige91603 02-26-2013 04:05 PM

Before the drought no. Now, maybe

EW1066 02-26-2013 05:29 PM

If you only want an AR pattern rifle but have no intention to run it hard or stake your life on its operation, the NFA poly lower may be okay for you. Don't have any high expectations for it. Understand that it is plastic doing the work of metal and may not hold up as well. Do some research here and on other forums. Make and informed and educated decision. Do not settle for "almost as good as" just to have an AR.

EDUB

jeremyx28 02-26-2013 05:50 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm in no real hurry to get an ar, but current events worry me. I always wanted an ar, but it was never a necessity for me. I just don't want the government telling me I can't have one. I'll probably end up passing on the frontier one for the time being and do some more research. Hopefully the market stabilizes and they become affordable again.

Sentry18 02-26-2013 06:21 PM

I have two New Frontier poly lowers and they are very well built and solid. I have no doubt that they will provide a long durable service life regardless of what others say. Just the same mine are both attached to CMMG .22LR uppers and are only used for plinking. I did attach one to a RRA 9mm upper for a while and it ran just fine.

EW1066 02-26-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentry18 (Post 1155282)
I have two New Frontier poly lowers and they are very well built and solid. I have no doubt that they will provide a long durable service life regardless of what others say. Just the same mine are both attached to CMMG .22LR uppers and are only used for plinking. I did attach one to a RRA 9mm upper for a while and it ran just fine.

I see that you are using your NFA lower as a plinker and it is working out just fine. If you will re read my post you will see that I said that these are just fine for exactly that.

Use the search function and read the multiple discussions that have gone on, on this board alone. You will see that there are many strong arguments for not buying these as a SHTF type weapon.

Once again; If you only want a plinker or an AR pattern/looks cool rifle, then get the NFA. If you feel that you want a SERIOUS weapon, buy a forged lower. A forged lower is like a divorce. It costs more because it's worth it.

EDUB

willfully armed 02-26-2013 07:39 PM

I have one, the fit is excellent.

Lifetime warranty

nitestalker 02-26-2013 07:50 PM

A life time warranty on a firearm that fails? Is that for real or a joke?:confused: It would be a safe bet for the guy making them. People who lose gun battles hardly ever complain;).

willfully armed 02-26-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1155406)
A life time warranty on a firearm that fails? Is that for real or a joke?:confused: It would be a safe bet for the guy making them. People who lose gun battles hardly ever complain;).

I've offered this up to members of other forums as well .

Failure? Pics or it didn't happen.

We trust the plastic lowered pistols carried by ourselves and LEO, but so many people are quick to call a rifle lower junk

70cuda383 02-26-2013 08:05 PM

lifetime warranty is nice...when the company is around.

I bought a plum crazy lower because it was cheap, I already had a real AR, and it had a lifetime warranty.

I put 300-400 rounds through it without an issue. it was just as reliable and accurate as my other, name brand, aluminum AR.

but, one day, I went to look up Plum Crazy, and it would seem they simply vanished into thin air one night. nobody knows what happened to them for sure.

looks like my lifetime warranty was only a 7 month warranty. Can't get a warranty from a company that doesn't exist anymore.

I finally sold that poly lower, but the ONLY reason I sold it, was because the panic had set in, and my buddy wanted to buy an AR but couldn't find one. so I sold him a complete AR for $600, when there were none in the stores and the dealers at the shows were asking 1800 and up.