Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New Frontier Armory

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Great points guys, really appreciate it. The torture test they have online where they're applying force to the mag wells and the aluminum cracked and couldn't drop the mag to where the polymer went right back to normal, was intriguing. Think of handguns. I've shot thousands of rounds through my Glock and other polymer pistols and they're perfect. If they can make a Boeing Dreamliner out of carbon composite they can make a quality AR out of polymer.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 949 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 946

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewNJNC View Post
Great points guys, really appreciate it. The torture test they have online where they're applying force to the mag wells and the aluminum cracked and couldn't drop the mag to where the polymer went right back to normal, was intriguing. Think of handguns. I've shot thousands of rounds through my Glock and other polymer pistols and they're perfect. If they can make a Boeing Dreamliner out of carbon composite they can make a quality AR out of polymer.

Remember the Glock was engineered for a polymer frame and today it's a proven design. The AR was engineered for aluminum receivers and also has stood the test of time.

No doubt in time a reliable poly lower will come along but for now I'm in no rush to be the one to test the latest one coming down the block.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.