New Frontier Armory
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New Frontier Armory

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Frontier Armory

Hey guys look at this deal and let me know what you think and that company, etc.

http://www.JoeBobOutfitters.com/New_Frontier_Armory_LW_15_Complete_Poly_Lower_p/nfa-lw15blk.htm

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #2

It's polymer by the way but the torture tests on www.LW15.com are pretty interesting.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #3

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Great gun shop here in Vegas. One of our best.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I don't like polymer lowers so I don't know much about the quality, however I can say that' I've done business with Joe Bobs and they are good people with fast shipping.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #5

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

You get what you pay for.

The only mention of poly AR lowers I can remember here on the FTF have been complaints.

The AR platform is/was designed to be a lightweight carbine. Stoner used aluminium as the foundation of the firearm. Substitution of an inferior material to fit the same form factor as the original design results in a predictable outcome.

Unless the poly-lower comes with re-bar, don't bother wasting your money.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #6

Liked 74 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 6

If you plan on plinking very little, and cost is crucial, with minimum rounds put through it? I won't say much. You plan on shooting a couple hundred rounds a trip and are a regular at the range? I'd recommend that you spend the extra and get a forged aluminum. Better to pay once than pay twice.

One more thing? Joebobs used to carry the Plum Crazy polymer lowers. They dropped them. That should say a lot about the polymers.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
You get what you pay for.

The only mention of poly AR lowers I can remember here on the FTF have been complaints.

The AR platform is/was designed to be a lightweight carbine. Stoner used aluminium as the foundation of the firearm. Substitution of an inferior material to fit the same form factor as the original design results in a predictable outcome.

Unless the poly-lower comes with re-bar, don't bother wasting your money.
I am not sure i agree with you on this. I think ES used what was the best he could find at the time of his design. The advances in technology have dwarfed his little shop knowledge.

If a manufacturer is using CHEAP polymer and cheap manufacturing technques then I would agree 7075 is better, but on the other hand NFA says their polymer goes way above the old stuff used by Plumbcrazy and Bushmaster.

The same can be said for many things nowadays when dealing with firearms.

I would trust an airsoft Magpul PTS CTR made from DuPont polymer over a Colt Fiberlite stock made in the 1990s. Yes the PTS gear is substandard, but it exceeds the standard plastics used 20 years ago.

20 years ago Salt Nitrate baths were inferior to Chrome lining. That is not the case today. Melonite QPQ is out performing standard chrome lining by a huge margin if the data is correct, (double chrome lining isnt part of the testing).

All in all, I wouldnt make a call on the NFA Polymer Lower as of yet. The jury is still out and we need some years of reviews first before dismiss the polymer lower once again.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #8

Liked 74 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixer View Post
I am not sure i agree with you on this. I think ES used what was the best he could find at the time of his design. The advances in technology have dwarfed his little shop knowledge.

If a manufacturer is using CHEAP polymer and cheap manufacturing technques then I would agree 7075 is better, but on the other hand NFA says their polymer goes way above the old stuff used by Plumbcrazy and Bushmaster.

The same can be said for many things nowadays when dealing with firearms.

I would trust an airsoft Magpul PTS CTR made from DuPont polymer over a Colt Fiberlite stock made in the 1990s. Yes the PTS gear is substandard, but it exceeds the standard plastics used 20 years ago.

20 years ago Salt Nitrate baths were inferior to Chrome lining. That is not the case today. Melonite QPQ is out performing standard chrome lining by a huge margin if the data is correct, (double chrome lining isnt part of the testing).

All in all, I wouldnt make a call on the NFA Polymer Lower as of yet. The jury is still out and we need some years of reviews first before dismiss the polymer lower once again.
None of us are out right dismissing them. What we're saying is, based on their track record, it's not worth the risk to us. If, in a year or two we are hearing great things about them, we may shift to the poly's. But based on recent history? It's not worth the risk based on historical data.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
None of us are out right dismissing them. What we're saying is, based on their track record, it's not worth the risk to us. If, in a year or two we are hearing great things about them, we may shift to the poly's. But based on recent history? It's not worth the risk based on historical data.
I agree, but someone has to lead the way...LOL

What if Jim Beam said, "Don't use that corn in our Bourbon!"... heck my daughter may never have been born.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 211 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 63

NFA is my fav LGS. Closest to me and staffs are very very friendly. The reviews of their polymer been great.. lot people have been demanding it. Personally i wouldnt get a polymer yet, is alumunium lower feel heavy these days?? If im not mistaken, internal parts are plastics too. Correct me if im wrong.
My conclusion is as i said alumunium too heavy and too expensive now?