New Bushmaster issues - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New Bushmaster issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 02:18 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I got a Bushmaster a few weeks ago and it came from the Remington facility. Have had zero problems. I have put 1000 rounds of 55 grain through it with zero malfunctions.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #32

I, for one, don't mind that they don't align the barrels. It's only their customer service attitude that's offensive.

I finally got through to Bushmaster on the phone today! I didn't have to wait more than a couple minutes.

SO. I found out that the Windham Post Office had forwarded the upper to the North Carolina address ( They told me Bushmaster told them not to forward any boxes).

The Bushmaster guy looked up my RA number and told me they had no record of it. That if the upper was sent to NC, Bushmaster would send it back to my address. AND, that the problems I have been having was obviously my fault. No fault of theirs that they refused to accept their own RA package.

So instead of taking responsibility and them sending the upper to NY, they denied any responsibility for the shipping problems. Pushing everything back on the customer. The Bushmaster guy was typical: defensive and arrogant, denying anything could have been caused by them.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikemechanic53 View Post
I, for one, don't mind that they don't align the barrels. It's only their customer service attitude that's offensive.

I finally got through to Bushmaster on the phone today! I didn't have to wait more than a couple minutes.

SO. I found out that the Windham Post Office had forwarded the upper to the North Carolina address ( They told me Bushmaster told them not to forward any boxes).

The Bushmaster guy looked up my RA number and told me they had no record of it. That if the upper was sent to NC, Bushmaster would send it back to my address. AND, that the problems I have been having was obviously my fault. No fault of theirs that they refused to accept their own RA package.

So instead of taking responsibility and them sending the upper to NY, they denied any responsibility for the shipping problems. Pushing everything back on the customer. The Bushmaster guy was typical: defensive and arrogant, denying anything could have been caused by them.

I have heard to many Bushy horror stories to ever consider buying one of their Ar's. Customer service is a big deal to me.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:18 AM   #34

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Bike, I can't believe BM would shift all the blame on you. Pitiful customer service. What a shame!

These type of stories keep getting repeated from other customers so sooner or later the word will get out enough to hurt sales. Most gun manufacturers try to do the right thing. I don't know what they're thinking, it will hurt them down the road.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:10 AM   #35

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Bike, I can't believe BM would shift all the blame on you. Pitiful customer service. What a shame!

These type of stories keep getting repeated from other customers so sooner or later the word will get out enough to hurt sales. ?Most? gun manufacturers try to do the right thing. I don't know what they're thinking, it will hurt them down the road.
That is totally wrong! I'm sorry you are having to have to go through this crap. I know first hand how these suppliers can be when they screw up. AUTOMATIC FINGER-POINTING!!! pathetic. . . . I'm glad I got my Bushmaster years ago.

I was looking through the rifles at the local shop today and couldn't believe the freakin' prices!!! There wasn't ANYTHING under $1,000 and most was $1,100 +

Quentin, I highlighted your "Most" in your post, because I'm literally batting .500 in the firearm's CS dept. Now I'm including suppliers, manufactures and retailers, but all related. Even with the outfits that end up making it good there usually is a period of denial and/or blame-shifting to start.

It baffles me because I've dealt with customers my whole life and they are always #1. Not so with these guys.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #36

I have never had any problem with a Bushmaster, I have had several. Here is a picture of my latest, its a Bushmaster Varmiter Special SS. It is by far the most accurate AR I have ever owned or shot!!! Here is a 15 shot 100 yard group that can be covered with a dime, you cant complain about that kind of accuracy!