New Bushmaster issues - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New Bushmaster issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Has anyone sent anything to Windham this month? I called yesterday and according to the Windham PO, the plant is closed. I get no answer to any of their phone numbers.

I resent my upper to Windham last week. The PO wants to know what to do with it. I'm going to have them send it back to me. I'll take it to a local gunsmith rather than try to deal with Bushmaster. They are not worth the problems and cost.

They have not submitted a forwarding address with the local PO. So no one there knows where Bushmaster has gone.

Bushmaster's website now lists Madison North Carolina as their new address.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #22

Liked 1032 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

I'd heard that BM had moved to Reminton's Ilion, NY location in late March but then some later reports said it would be somewhere in NC like you said, Bike. You'd think BM would get out the word right now.

And why wouldn't they leave a forwarding address in Windham? Hate to make a cruel pun but this is Bush league all the way. I hope they get this fixed fast, no excuse for this kind of treatment.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:11 AM   #23

Liked 728 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 758

Iy has been on their website for a few months..
Bushmaster - Contact Us

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:33 AM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I have a hard time believing they simply vanished, however I know first hand the lack of caring about the average shooter that many of these black rifle manufacturers seem to have presently.

Out of the AR-retailers that I've dealt with, I'd say there is about a 50% satisifaction rate in regards to customer service. I realize that it is very easy to get into the mindset of not "needing" the little guy, when you are being awarded government/LE contracts worth Millions. . . you gotta let them know that you won't be the only one experiencing their service, either good or bad.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #25

I had called their customer service and after waiting I did get to talk to a real person. I also had luck with their email address. I called customer service and reported my problem, they sent me a UPS label with instructions on how to return the gun. I was able to track it using the UPS tracking system so I know they received it. I am still waiting for the return of my gun and it had better be right or they will be getting it back for good. Also the gun was returned to Ilion NY for repair. I am going to shoot my gun as soon as I get it back, it had better be right.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2606 Times on 1273 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Quentin,

You are exactly correct! The Bushmaster Rifle Line has been moved to the Remington Facility in Ilion NY. And I have a feeling a lot of the quality control problems are going to be solved. A good acquaintance of mine was sent there to oversee the issues mentioned prior to the move to NY. He was also very aware of the story that I shared with our friends here on FTF. Among a few other issues. And I might say he was not pleased with the issues taking place. So on the positive side I would feel assured for the biggest part the problems will be addressed and handled. But all manufacturers can have their hiccups now and then no matter how good they are! It is how the handle it and the expediency that counts.

Last edited by Sniper03; 04-11-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:06 AM   #27
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2606 Times on 1273 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

BWGRP

Let us know how the rifle is when you get it back. And send us some pics of it and the groups!

Old 04-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #28

Liked 1032 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Quentin,

You are exactly correct! The Bushmaster Rifle Line has been moved to the Remington Facility in Ilion NY. And I have a feeling a lot of the quality control problems are going to be solved. A good acquaintance of mine was sent there to oversee the issues mentioned prior to the move to NY. He was also very aware of the story that I shared with our friends here on FTF. Among a few other issues. And I might say he was not pleased with the issues taking place. So on the positive side I would feel assured for the biggest part the problems will be addressed and handled. But all manufacturers can have their hiccups now and then no matter how good they are! It is how the handle it and the expediency that counts.

Great news, Sniper! Thanks for taking the bull by the horns and getting this moving. In fact all FTF members owe you a thank you for passing along to BM the details of what's happened here lately! Even if we don't own the brand in question no doubt getting things sorted out with one maker helps the industry in general.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #29

Yes. That's great. Now all they have to do is hire somebody to answer the phones and emails.

Since Feb 22nd. I've called 18 times. Every time I have heard:

"You have reached us during an unusually high call volume period....."

and have been on hold up to an hour. Gave up each time. Since I'm on a cell phone, each minute costs me .45 cents. I've spent about $100 waiting for someone to pickup.

Apparently I don't know the magic time to call when someone is there.

I've also tried emails. 12 emails to their addresses over the past 6 weeks. No response to anything.

But I did reach the Windham PO on the first call. They are returning to sender hundreds of boxes addressed to Bushmaster. BM said not to forward anything.

Yes. I'm pissed. If I had any way to get my money back, I would.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Seems like a lot of hassle for an overpriced product.