New Boobs Means AR for Me - Win Win - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

New Boobs Means AR for Me - Win Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

New Boobs Means AR for Me - Win Win - AR-15 Discussion

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”
Old 04-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #22
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

If I had $5300 to spend, I would either...

-any rifle from Accuracy International

-Benelli M4 Tactical + Savage 10 FCPXP HS Precision

-STI 2011 and get into competition shooting + S&W M&P360 CT + Crapload of ammo for both

-M1 Garand + WWII era 1911

-WWII M2A1 Flame Thrower and spend the rest getting it to work

Old 04-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #23

Buddy of mine just dropped over 16K for a retired CLEAN COLT M16. This was his 12th stamp so it was no big deal. AND he has a class 3 dealer who he has worked with a bunch, obviously so he got a GREAT deal.

The dealer called him knowing he would want one. The dealer had purchased and entire armory from a police dpt. some 40 M16's in various conditions, all in a swap for MP5's and other more modern toys for tactical police use. Hand picked the best one out of the lot (easily a 20K+ gun).

Anyway getting the stamp for him is no big deal. **** the BATF has his name and address on a freakin rubber stamp. You first one can be a REAL bitch. VERY invasive. Not to mention that you voluntarily forfeit ALL of your search and seizure rights, for as long as you own that stamp and firearm.

Now, if you STILL want to shop for one, get your ass up to West Point Ky this weekend (north of Fort Knox, South West of Louisville) and feast your eyes (and ears) on the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot. WORLDS LARGEST Private shoot and gun show. LOADED with class 3 dealers selling stuff.

Machine Gun Shot Link

Dynamite, Helicopters, Tracer fire, exploding drums of gasoline, MG42's, Ma Deuces, Flame Throwers, you name it it will be here.

22lr all the way through 50 cal and bigger, 20mm electric gatlin guns, I am getting a hard on as I type.

Last edited by WoodysKJ; 04-08-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #24
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah my wife is a doctor so she knows. Thanks for all the input on rifle choices (not on the anatomy, I don't mind really was giving some background and thought the community would get a chuckle from the trade)
Old 04-09-2011, 06:15 AM   #25
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm with Millerlite, win-win FTW!

But seriously, Noveske or Daniel Defense in a 14.5" with a permanently attached flash hider (no SBR needed) and put some nice optics on it.

My next build (not an "ultimate" by any means) will be a 14.5" mid length, light weight profile, with rifle length rail system, EOTech optic, MagPul furniture, and whatever else I come up with between now and then.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #26
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
Liked 9357 Times on 5580 Posts
Likes Given: 12717

Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
After this I'll direct them to his gun questions.
True, we have kind of gone of on a tangent, haven't we?
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
Old 04-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #27
Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I would definitely stay away from select fire and SBR's and stick with guns that don't put you on a "special list".

Get a safe, a carry gun, Semi auto AR and ammo, and go have fun
Old 04-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #28
Liked 5013 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

My wife offered the same deal only she was naturally blessed with D cups and wants a BREAST REDUCTION!

I told her NO THANK YOU. My gun collection is large enough...

Old 04-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #29
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Unfortunately, online communities are rarely capable, as a whole, of taking things as they were meant. I once posted a pretty basic "only 3 guns" thread, with the basis that my other half wouldn't let me have more than that. I only intended it as a joke. However, despite explaining that this was an idea I preferred as well (always been a minimalist), I got over 100 replies of basically nothing more than "I'm more of a man than you."

So, I feel your frustration in starting a thread about guns and having half the replies be nothing more than personal opinions and judgments about the quite irrelevant side-joke.

So, with the point being "How should I spend $5300 on guns?" Here is my opinion:

1: Buy a 7.62 suppressor. That way you use it on anything from a standard AR to your bolt-action rifles. Tests show there is very little loss in suppression between a 5.56 suppressor and a 7.62 suppressor, on a 5.56 rifle. ($Say, $1200-$1500)

2) Buy a basic .223 AR (Say, $1200-$1500 on the setup).

3) Buy an AR10 or Kel-tec RFB, to use with your nice new suppressor (About $1500-$2000 for the setup, which makes for about $4000-$500 now).

4) If you have the money, then get a 10/22 and a .22-specific suppressor for it.

Now, I personally would probably get ONLY a Kel-Tec RFB, the suppressor, and then a suppressable .22 rifle. Then I'd probably sell all the other rifles, heh. But, again, << minimalist . But yeah, the RFB will do everything your other rifles will be able to do, and also be a great defensive rifle. Then you'll have the 10/22 or maybe 77/22 for super-quiet suppressed shooting.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #30
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks lindenwood

I've been reading most of the day. I'll look up those suggestions. I really want to build my own from scratch (some of the other threads have influenced me). I want to really know how the parts work and how to maintain one properly. So Im thinking of doing 1 AR build first for less than 2k (dressed out).

Then get 22lr. Then get suppressor