New BCG - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

New BCG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1240 Times on 861 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
Actually I just couldnt do it, selling something on that I know is crap on Gunbroker or elsewhere
I agree, I couldn't do it either. I'd send it back to Midway even if I lost money on shipping and restocking. In this case though an honest vendor should make it right, the bolt is crap.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
bluez Likes This 
Old 05-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #12

Liked 294 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Just got this in today from Midway. It's the AR Stoner and the only reason I got it was because it was the only one I could find in stock and of course two days later I get an email from BCM saying theirs is in stock. The staking doesn't seem too good but ill use it until I get another and put this as a backup. Anyone have any experience with this?
Unfortunately, a lot of that going on. Two indicators that don't look good: the gas key isn't staked worth a crap, and it is dark, shiny, and black. Usually, if they took a little more time with the anodizing to get it just dark gray, then they probably took more time with the rest of their parts. I am just saying those are two indicators to look for, not that it is the end-all to inspecting a rifle.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:09 AM   #13

Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a

Unfortunately, a lot of that going on. Two indicators that don't look good: the gas key isn't staked worth a crap, and it is dark, shiny, and black. Usually, if they took a little more time with the anodizing to get it just dark gray, then they probably took more time with the rest of their parts. I am just saying those are two indicators to look for, not that it is the end-all to inspecting a rifle.
Yeah the first thing I look for is the staking and as soon as I saw that, I knew it was junk

Old 05-22-2013, 03:08 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

So what did you do with it?

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 05-22-2013, 03:15 AM   #15

I still have it on my dresser right now. I'm waiting on my PSA upper to come in. I still need to get in touch with midway

Old 05-22-2013, 03:22 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

ah dude my PSA upper is sweet! Have you ordered a new BCG? The one that I am going to use in my PSA upper I have already tried in another rifle and it works great. It has that Microslick or Creakote coating on it. It is super slick in the upper.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 05-22-2013, 03:31 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf
ah dude my PSA upper is sweet! Have you ordered a new BCG? The one that I am going to use in my PSA upper I have already tried in another rifle and it works great. It has that Microslick or Creakote coating on it. It is super slick in the upper.
I haven't ordered one yet, but I haven't had much time to even look with the past few days being hectic. I'm pretty excited to get it in, should be here on the 24th

Old 05-22-2013, 03:38 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

You should check out these. This is what I bought. They feel great in the gun and run great too. If you want to check one out before you buy hit me up in a PM. I am free tomorrow evening, after like 1400 ish.

http://www.thetacticaltoolbox.com/AR15-Bolts-Charging-Handles.html

Old 05-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #19

I actually just ordered a PSA BCG for 170 and a charging handle for an extra 20 for now. Hopefully it'll ship within 5 days and be here by next Friday

Old 05-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1240 Times on 861 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Which one did you get? Carpenter 158, MPI bolt, M16 carrier?
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Newest Threads