Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New to ar platform

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default New to ar platform

Hello all I need some advice I am a left handed shooter with limited vision in my right eye so I'm looking in to purchasing a stag arms model 3 left handed version with the plus package and diamond head flip down sight until I decide witch optic to go with any help would be Appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-06-2012, 01:54 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsteeler
Hello all I need some advice I am a left handed shooter with limited vision in my right eye so I'm looking in to purchasing a stag arms model 3 left handed version with the plus package and diamond head flip down sight until I decide witch optic to go with any help would be Appreciated
Eotech hands down. Both eyes open target acquisition!

Old 11-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1161 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 469

The folks on FTF that have Stag ARs seem to like them. Left hand options for ARs are much more limited than for us righties.

Just do your homework so you know you're getting a good deal.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn
The folks on FTF that have Stag ARs seem to like them. Left hand options for ARs are much more limited than for us righties.

Just do your homework so you know you're getting a good deal.
I have checked Youtube and read an article in guns and ammo about stag arms and have not really heard anything negative about them

Old 11-06-2012, 02:17 AM   #5

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Stag Arms makes great guns. A friend has one and likes his very much. As far as scopes go, what are you planning on doing with it? Clearing houses? or Long range shooting? I had an Eotech 512, but sold it immediately once I went out and used it. I am used to old fashion scopes, and the eotech just didnt reach out there and the red dot covered up the coke cans I was shooting at. keep reading and learn what you are planning on using the gun for. Eotechs are great for home defence, etc, but not for my use.

(And guys, dont say i should have gotten a magnifier what? and make the red dot on small targets even larger at far distances?)

Doh!

And here is now where I insert my own photo of my longer range set-up:

Old 11-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #6

Liked 605 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1326

Can't go wrong with a Stag. One of the best manufacturers on the market. Hands down!

Old 11-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV
Stag Arms makes great guns. A friend has one and likes his very much. As far as scopes go, what are you planning on doing with it? Clearing houses? or Long range shooting? I had an Eotech 512, but sold it immediately once I went out and used it. I am used to old fashion scopes, and the eotech just didnt reach out there and the red dot covered up the coke cans I was shooting at. keep reading and learn what you are planning on using the gun for. Eotechs are great for home defence, etc, but not for my use.

(And guys, dont say i should have gotten a magnifier what? and make the red dot on small targets even larger at far distances?)

Doh!

And here is now where I insert my own photo of my longer range set-up:
I plan on using it at the range, home defense and Maybe hunting if michigan didn't have its stupid laws I Definitely want to get Proficient with the back up sights Before I get any scopes or optics
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #8

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1996

I wouldnt get too anxious to buy a lefty , you can shoot a righty left handed just fine , just get a ambidextrous safety and charging handle . My buddy is a lefty , owns a lefty and righty and says the lefty wasnt worth the extra $200 he had to pay for it , both his are stags and they are great rifles . Lots of leftys out there using right handed rifles without any issues . JMHO

Old 11-06-2012, 02:44 AM   #9
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1115 Times on 643 Posts
Likes Given: 523

I shoot lefty,and all of my AR's are right handed.You won't have any problems shooting one.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:47 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
I wouldnt get too anxious to buy a lefty , you can shoot a righty left handed just fine , just get a ambidextrous safety and charging handle . My buddy is a lefty , owns a lefty and righty and says the lefty wasnt worth the extra $200 he had to pay for it , both his are stags and they are great rifles . Lots of leftys out there using right handed rifles without any issues . JMHO
My purchase won't be until tax time so I still have time to research like the sig m400 s&w 15 bcm spikes tactical any input would be Appreciated