Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   new AR owner (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/new-ar-owner-62819/)

hawkguy 04-18-2012 10:30 PM

new AR owner
 
1 Attachment(s)
just thought i'd drop a pic of my very first evil, nasty, black rifle. :D

haven't got a chance to shoot it yet. but it won't be much longer. i've always been a mini fan (i've got one that's a good shooter). well, actually....i still prefer wood & steel guns over black plastic....but i like the feel of my AR, and i think i'm really gonna like it. i'll update with a range report later.

S&W M&P 15 SPORT. forward rail & grip. that's all for now.....:D

silverado113 04-18-2012 10:33 PM

Congrats and welcome to the evil black rifle owners club. Let us know how she shoots in the range report section when you take her out.

BenLuby 04-18-2012 10:36 PM

Evil? When do I get my horns? (Nice rifle. Hope she provides much fun!)

hawkguy 04-18-2012 10:48 PM

thanks guys. i know a pic of a cheap AR isn't all that exciting....but i'm excited about it.

definately will come back with a range report. first few hundred will only be irons at 50 or so. then the saving for the optic begins....:eek: i'm sure i'll be bugging you guys A LOT when that time comes. :)

BenLuby 04-18-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 775067)
thanks guys. i know a pic of a cheap AR isn't all that exciting....but i'm excited about it.

definately will come back with a range report. first few hundred will only be irons at 50 or so. then the saving for the optic begins....:eek: i'm sure i'll be bugging you guys A LOT when that time comes. :)

You can actually buy some relatively inexpensive red dot sights and scopes to start, but I'd recommend getting used to the iron sights first.
And an AR in the hand is worth ten thousand in your dreams. If you have fun with it and enjoy it, that is what matters. You'll get afflicted, like the rest of us, and before you know it, you'll have a membership in the ARaholics just like the rest of us. Problem is, none of us want to be 'cured' of it!!

MikeJK 04-18-2012 11:08 PM

You'll have fun Hawk.

Inexpensive RDS https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Micro_Dot_With_Kill_Flash_ADT1_B_p/md08adt1-10bundle.htm

Kinetics 04-18-2012 11:09 PM

Ooh good link mike, might get that sometime later :D

hawkguy 04-19-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenLuby (Post 775070)
You can actually buy some relatively inexpensive red dot sights and scopes to start, but I'd recommend getting used to the iron sights first.
And an AR in the hand is worth ten thousand in your dreams. If you have fun with it and enjoy it, that is what matters. You'll get afflicted, like the rest of us, and before you know it, you'll have a membership in the ARaholics just like the rest of us. Problem is, none of us want to be 'cured' of it!!

i;m definately gonna get to know my irons first. a few months down the road i'll likely be bugging you guys for optics opinions.

unfortunely, my homeboy has an eotech on his AR and i became quite fond of it! $$$$:eek:$$$$

hawkguy 04-19-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeJK (Post 775091)

thanks for the link!

BenLuby 04-19-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 775188)
i;m definately gonna get to know my irons first. a few months down the road i'll likely be bugging you guys for optics opinions.

unfortunely, my homeboy has an eotech on his AR and i became quite fond of it! $$$$:eek:$$$$

I was fond of them too until I saw the price tag.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:44 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.