Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > new ar build complete

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default new ar build complete

ok i just got my ar parts and completed my second build...right now it's just basic...nothing fancy on it...yet it's a rock river arms lower with dpms parts kit and a 2stage trigger at about 4lbs. the upper is a 16" yhm with a 1 in 7 twist, chrome lined, yhm xl specter quad rail, with a phantom 5c2 flash hider and pop up sights....soon i'll be ordering a magpul single/ 2point sling with ambi buttplate ring, and magpul extended trigger guard and hopefully find a niice aimpoint with mount at a good price along with a niice surefire light with pressure pad and mount at a good price other then that here she is

and just alil comparison...my second ar over my first...BIIIIGGGG difference in size and weight...the second is a 24" stainless bull barrel....damn upper weighs 10lbs on that stick...my second one weighs 10lbs when it's fully loaded...with coupled 40round mags lol

"Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws."

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns"

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” - Sigmund Freud

"The 2nd Amendment...Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Nice! Can we expect a range report in the near future?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Nice! Can we expect a range report in the near future?
hopefully soon yes

"Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws."

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” - Sigmund Freud

"The 2nd Amendment...Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them!"

Old 08-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #4

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Great looking stick(s)!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

You did good, them are a couple of lookers!

You are all set now to "roll and rock."

Be careful, don't shoot a damn toe off!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #6

thank you thank you it's niice to be around people that appricate a good stick so i was at my local gun shop and i saw a light with mount and pressure pad for $45...it's no surefire light sadly it was a utg tactical light...any thoughts on this brand or product? heres the link for it

UTG Tactical Light

good? bad?

Old 08-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

very nice build. if you dont mind me askin how much did your stick cost

Old 08-07-2010, 12:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
very nice build. if you dont mind me askin how much did your stick cost
don't mind at all...the lower and parts ran me around $310, and the upper (along with 4 40rd mags +shipping) ran me $820, the foregrip i had already but orginally cost me like $15...and i just picked up an aimpoint clone off of www.vaguntraders.com for $75 with a mount included...i'm about to order the magpul ms2 sling along with the ambi sling mount, swivel sling mount for the quadrail, new stock/grip combo, B.A.D lever, and magpul trigger guard for like $280....and the only thing i need to find now is a nice light with a pressure pad that will fit my foregrip...i want a surefire but i'm alil low on cash after all that lol
so all in all so far its run me $1205 but once i order all that other stuff it'll be $1485...pretty expensive...but it'll be excatly the way i want it

i'll post more pics once i mount the aimpoint clone

Old 08-07-2010, 06:21 AM   #9

Default update

ok...went and looked at the aimpoint clone...turned it on and all...and i didn't see anything wrong with it...so i handed over $75 and it was mine and now here are some pics with it...and a sexy 1911/AR-15 combo ooh yeah i went there

Old 08-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #10

and that's 4 40rd mags, 5 30rd mags and 3 8rd mags...i think i'm pretty set to rock and roll..old skool style