New AR

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 04:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default New AR

Well, Dillinger, I got my two new lowers today at the range. I think I said before in another thread that on one of them I plan to build a 24" ss varmint rifle.
I did get my new Bushmaster shooting dead on at 100 yards today and it was good enough that i hit clay pigeons on the 100 yd berm with the open sights.
This is one sweet shooting rifle and my group on the target today was 1". I did paste an orange dot on the X ring so that I would have something positive to aim at.
I also picked up enough .223 brass to keep me reloading for quite some time.
My next project will be to install a Jewell trigger in the Bushmaster. I tried one that belongs to one of my shooting partners today and it is awesome with that clean crisp break.
That is the first thing I will put into the new lower. If the trigger pull ain't good you can't hit worth a flip anyway.
On the varmint tube i would like to bite the bullet and mount a Nightforce scope. What do you think of that?
I just want to build a nice rifle that can drive tacks at 300 to 500 yards.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here