Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New AR

Hello I am new to the site but I am thinking of purchasing a Rock River Arms M-4 clone. Was wondering if this is a solid introduction or should I keep shopping around?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-20-2012, 06:02 AM   #2

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

RRA makes a pretty decent rifle but I would keep shopping before settling.

With that said, have you given any thought to building your own AR15? Read the build stickies, the build threads and see for yourself just how easy it is. Might be that you can build your own and end up with something better than an out of the box AR

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzer66
Hello I am new to the site but I am thinking of purchasing a Rock River Arms M-4 clone. Was wondering if this is a solid introduction or should I keep shopping around?
There are a ton of reasons why you should deeply consider assembling your own rifle, or at least the lower assembly and purchasing the upper separate. Saves money on taxes, you get exactly what you want, and you have the pride of knowing your rifle inside and out.

You usually get the beat deal when building your own.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I've got a RRA 16" Mid-length that I put together using an Armalite stripped lower with RRA parts and a RRA complete upper. I completed it this last November around Thanksgiving.

It's been excellent so far and I have no complaints. It is very accurate. The cost of the whole thing with Magpul BUIS's and one 30-round mag. came to $815 delivered. For the money spent, I'm very satisfied with what I got.