New AR - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

New AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Thanks for the shout out heirmoosy - I don't have as much as I would like. Why don't you ship it over and I will put it through the paces for you.

Actually I checked them out at SHOT, both last year and this year. They are a good solid piece of kit. The lock up between the upper and lower was solid. Nice & tight, very little rattle or slop, which is great. What barrel did you get? The 16" G.I. or the 20" Match?

I believe that the lowers, and possibly the uppers, are actually made by CMT/Stag. They actually make parts for most of the AR-15 markets out there selling complete guns.

All in all I consider it a really good piece. It's a little more expensive than if you built one from parts yourself, actually a couple of hundred more, but finding parts now ( stripped uppers / lowers / especially lower assemblies ) is getting harder and harder now that demand is so high.

If you got a good price that you are comfortable with, I think you made a great choice. I definitely didn't see anything in my examination that would lead me to believe you would be let down in the field with it.

Congratulations on the new purchase. Make sure and post a range report after you get out and test fire it.

Good looking piece there heirmossy. I was just reading about those in one of my latest magazines, and they had nothing but good things to say about it.

One thing I read that caught my to JD, too... S & W is now making their own uppers and lowers. Originally they were buying them, but have now tooled up their line to manufacture in-house. Also, since they own Thompson Center, most, if not all, of their AR barrels are Thompson Center. So, all in all, you've got one of the better manufactured 'stock' AR's out there. The author of the article even went as far as stating that it was probably the 'best' AR out of the box, that you could buy right now So, good choice. I've been looking at them for a while now, waiting to see what all they are going to do and where they are going to go with their line-up. So far...looking good. Congrats on your new toy.

Newest Threads