Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   New AR (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/new-ar-101549/)

mrBull 12-14-2013 03:32 AM

New AR

So tonight at the LGS I finally broke down @ got an AR. It is a spikes tactical M4 flattop w/ magpul flip up rear sight. I also picked up a Drago rifle bag, Magpul AFG2, hogue grip, Magpul CTR, 3 extra Magpul mags, & Magpul Bad Lever. After getting home I ordered Midwest industries 2 piece FF quad rail, Magpul ASAP, Raptor charging handle, blackhawk 2 point quick adj sling, @ Aimpoint PRO w/ killflash.

chloeshooter 12-14-2013 03:44 AM

Congrats! Enjoy shooting

okdonk 12-14-2013 07:13 AM

Post some pics up please! And congrats :)

mrBull 12-14-2013 09:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's some pics after installing the hogue grip & bad lever. Once I receive the rest of the parts I ordered I'll post pics w/ everything installed.

dwmiller 12-15-2013 06:33 PM

+1 on the Raptor. I use them on most of my builds. I always liked the idea of being able to chamber a round with either hand. The Raptor is easily the slickest looking ambi charging handle made. The only one that doesn't stick out and jab you in the chest when being carried! Easy to get hold of reguardless of what optics you have. The offhand rake is real useful when I'm shooting lefty. ;)

Build looks great! Your definitely having too much fun!

Axxe55 12-15-2013 06:41 PM

good looking AR! congrats on your first one. enjoy it.

i'd like some more info on the Drago rifle case you bought. i really like that one and would like more details about it.

therewolf 12-15-2013 06:42 PM

Looks like a great system.

You plan on hunting varmints?

I love my M16A2-type for hunting

critters.

mrBull 12-15-2013 10:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the replies so here are a couple pics w/ the CTR. I was gonna wait & put it on w/ the other parts when they show up put couldn't wait.

I haven't used the Raptor charging handle before but it's nice to hear good great things about it since I spent $95 on it.

As for the Drago bag it's awesome if you don't mind waiting I go on leave Wednesday so I'll post a detailed review/pictures of the bag Thursday/Friday time frame.

mrBull 12-16-2013 01:08 AM

I've been debating getting a light for the rifle but I don't have $300 for a surefire considering how much I've on everything else. What's some advice on lights & mounting options?

Squawk 12-16-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwmiller
+1 on the Raptor. I use them on most of my builds. I always liked the idea of being able to chamber a round with either hand. The Raptor is easily the slickest looking ambi charging handle made. The only one that doesn't stick out and jab you in the chest when being carried! Easy to get hold of reguardless of what optics you have. The offhand rake is real useful when I'm shooting lefty. ;) Build looks great! Your definitely having too much fun!

+1 to your +1

I will only use Raptor on any future build.