Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   New Addition (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/new-addition-44472/)

Car54 06-29-2011 04:48 AM

New Addition

5 Attachment(s)
LMT Upper
MOE Handguard
Palmetto State Armory f/a BCG
Spikes Tactical Lower
Palmetto State Armory MOE LPK
Palmetto State Armory Stock/Assembly

In the LPK picture the two items on the right lower side are homemade tools I made for the bolt catch plunger and spring and the front pivot detent and spring.

Did the lower at work with minimal tools, and had to wait for the upper and the BCG to come in.

More pic's next post.

Car54 06-29-2011 04:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My M&P has a brother. I have a BUIS I can put on the LMT and/or I also have a red dot that I can put on it.

mjkeat 06-29-2011 12:33 PM

Im liking it.

Car54 06-29-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 531336)
Im liking it.

After watching your vid's on the 300 blackout, and a guy who works at the local WM here who has one and reloads his own ammo, I'm seriously thinking about doing one. I smell bacon cooking!

mjkeat 06-29-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car54 (Post 531342)
After watching your vid's on the 300 blackout, and a guy who works at the local WM here who has one and reloads his own ammo, I'm seriously thinking about doing one. I smell bacon cooking!

I say go for it.

I took it our a couple months ago but the trip was cut short due to an optics mounting problem. It left a indifferent taste in my mouth and I had been considering selling it. Though I haven't purchased new rings for the Leu the Aimpoint was great. It held a softball size 5 shot group @ 100yards. Not bad when the dot covers the majority of the target. The 300 was a blast to shoot. Just wish I had some less expensive FMJ to put through it. Its a keeper for sure. It's my designated bacon gun. Well that is if I ever get a chance to make it further south.

If you end up loading for the .300 blk let me know.

Gojubrian 06-29-2011 02:16 PM

That looks really good!!!! When ya going to the range? :)

IGETEVEN 06-29-2011 02:57 PM

Looking good Car! :D The.300 blk does look enticing, personally, I just have not made my mind up yet, for sure if it would be for me. But You go boy! :D

Car54 06-29-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 531376)
That looks really good!!!! When ya going to the range? :)

I don't have a local indoor range that allows .223's so I'll have to drive about an hour to an outdoor range. It's been raining here for three days off and on, so next clear day and a day off I'll make the drive. The downside to this range is the minimum target placement is 100 yds. That's not to good for sight in's on a new gun. I have some splat targets and a spotting scope to help out. The upside to the range is however many people you can cram into a vehicle, it's $6 per vehicle, not per person.

I was going to drive over to Cane's place and go to the range with him but since his recent injury, that's in a hold pattern until he gets better.

Have you taken the new Spikes out yet?