New 16" A4 Mid-length AR
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > New 16" A4 Mid-length AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default New 16" A4 Mid-length AR

Found the time today to get the parts all put together and take some pictures of my new 16" A4 Mid-length. I started with a Armalite stripped lower and used RRA parts for the rest including a 16" mid-length complete upper. The scope mount is the RRA cantilever model. It's very sturdy. Of course I also used the Hogue grip and the Magpul rear pop-up sight.

I can't wait to get to the range and give her her a try.

I tried something a little different on the front sight post too, I installed a KNS Precision .052 bead. I'm anxious to see if it works better than the big fat square factory post.

Last edited by Snakedriver; 11-06-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6674 Times on 3553 Posts
Likes Given: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Found the time today to get the parts all put toghether and take some pictures of my new 16" A4 Mid-length. I started with a Armalite stripped lower and used RRA parts for the rest including a 16" mid-lenth complete upper. The scope mount is the RRA cantilever model. It's very sturdy. Of course I also used the Hogue grip and the Magpul rear pop-up sight.

I can't wait to get to the range and give her her a try.

I tried something a little different on the front sight post too. I installed a KNS Precision .052 bead. I'm anxious to see if it works better than the big fat square factory post.
very nice looking rifle. i applaud your going middy than carbine gas tube on the 16" barrel!! a carbine tube on a 16" never made much sense to me heh.

my pref is a flat front post but i do a lot of longer range open sight shooting. i find its easier to divide the sight with a flat post than a bead. but thats personal pref

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 11-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nice rifle, congrats.

Nice pool....yikes!!

What bipod is that?

Old 11-06-2011, 06:50 AM   #4

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 87

Nice rifle. A plinker?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 11-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
Nice rifle, congrats.

Nice pool....yikes!!

What bipod is that?
It's a UTG Rail Mount model I took off one of my .22's for the pictures. UTG gets knocked a lot for being just for air soft & BB guns, but I've had that thing for a number of years an it does the job just fine. The parts that clamp to the rail are all steel. The legs are aluminum tube. The weight is about 11 oz's.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
Nice rifle. A plinker?
Yep, just a plinker.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1147 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 1165

Nice looking AR, Snake! Did you get a second ArmaLite lower?
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Nice looking AR, Snake! Did you get a second ArmaLite lower?
Thanks Quentin, no this is what I did with the original one. I had to wait for 5-weeks to get my complete upper from RRA and then I have been slowly gathering the parts I needed to make it all functional. The RRA trigger is crisp & smooth as silk.

They market this upper as a 1 MOA rifle. I'm hoping to get better than that.

The RRA upper was a nice snug fit on the Armalite lower. There's no slop or gaps anywhere. Note the forge mark on the upper. What do you know about Brass Aluminum Forge?
ar-15_11.jpg  

Old 11-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1147 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 1165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Thanks Quentin, no this is what I did with the original one. I had to wait for 5-weeks to get my complete upper from RRA and then I have been slowly gathering the parts I needed to make it all functional. The RRA trigger is crisp & smooth as silk.

They market this upper as a 1 MOA rifle. I'm hoping to get better than that.

The RRA upper was a nice snug fit on the Armalite lower. There's no slop or gaps anywhere. Note the forge mark on the upper. What do you know about Brass Aluminum Forge?
Glad it's coming together well, Snake! I like it when a lower and upper fit snug like that. Brass Aluminum Forge is a quality forge, no problems with them at all. My Daniel Defense upper has their square forge mark as well. Lots of Colts do too.

Of course RRA, DD or Colt take the rough forging and may do their own finishing.

US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek