Need your help!! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Need your help!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1019 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by maso157 View Post
And also I never said and never have thought of putting an ar 15 in between me and a college education. If I was in college running low on money I would not become a hobo with an assault rifle I'd sell the thing and get a new one when I become that engineer. I am not stupid. I have a great future ahead of me and I am not going to let things squander it. I do see where you guys are coming from. But I'm looking to build mine. Using a part of my paycheck to buy parts the rest to save for college/emergency. I'm not an idiot. I already have a decent chunk of change saved up all the way back from my childhood of doing jobs and putting a little birthday money etc. I have my life pretty squared away. The next five years will just be finishing off the good start I've already got. So please stop with assuming I don't have my life straight just cause I want an ar 15 at age 18. Cause we all know what it means to assume
Yeah but you live in your mother's home. Her house, HER rules. You must accept that no matter what your age. When you get on your own you can set your own rules.

Sorry if we got the wrong opinon of your intelligence and/or diligence but an 18 year old HS junior does paint a certain picture, even if it's wrong.

We all assume, including you. Correct?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

All I can say is my parents would not have let me buy a AR15 when I was a junior in high school (and i grew up shooting guns with my dad) but now being 21 and married I have the option and money to do it...personally I don't see much good in having a ar15 in high school I would have gotten in trouble with it even if it wasn't me doing wrong my friends sure would have gotten me in a funny situation probably more than once. If I were you I would wait until you graduate and move out. I know it's not what you wanna hear but you should try and take into consideration that these are all guys of different ages that love firearms and they are all on the same picture it should tell you something.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #23

Powell, you're a smart young man!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

powell0892 Likes This 
Old 06-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 222 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 65

I thought High School best moments are going after girls, party n etc? Too early and cost alot if you are into guns at your age. Just saying

Old 06-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #25
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectegr View Post
I think you are missing the point.
Yeah, that tends to be the way of it at that age....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Agreed!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Only sometimes...my wife would beg to differ with you!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #27

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by maso157 View Post
Alright so I am 18 but have one more year of highschool. I have set my personal goal to have an ar 15 ASAP. However since I'm still in highschool I'm having trouble convincing the mom that I should have one. I already have a shotgun. Every self respecting man in my state has at least one gun. She doesn't see the practicality or what I'll use it for. (target shooting mostly and whatever else. Home defense if the ever comes up. I know it's kinda big for that but I'm not gonna rule it out.) anyways I need a list of reasons to convince her that it not only should be allowed but encouraged for me to own an ar15
I understand you want a gun and if I read this right you have none now. Why an AR-15 first. They aren't cheap even if you build them and they aren't cheap to shoot either. Why no get a 1022 or something like that. You can personalize it for a reasonable amount and can afford to shoot it without dipping into the college fund. Take a poll on here and imI think you will find the only guys whose first gun was an AR 15 type weapon were given it be their uncle...Sam.

Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always

Old 06-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearrwe

I understand you want a gun and if I read this right you have none now. Why an AR-15 first. They aren't cheap even if you build them and they aren't cheap to shoot either. Why no get a 1022 or something like that. You can personalize it for a reasonable amount and can afford to shoot it without dipping into the college fund. Take a poll on here and imI think you will find the only guys whose first gun was an AR 15 type weapon were given it be their uncle...Sam.
Haha good point my list in order was
1. 1022
2. 20 ga pump
3. 12ga 1100
4. Wetherby mark v 7mm 08
5. Glock 19
6. Beretta cx4
7. Taurus .357
8. On the way ar15

Old 06-25-2012, 01:26 AM   #29

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by powell0892 View Post
1. 1022
2. 20 ga pump
3. 12ga 1100
5. Glock 19
6. Beretta cx4
7. Taurus .357
8. On the way ar15

I'm a gunsmith for thirty years now, Ive owned or had access to many weapons over the years. When shooting for fun I probably shoot a 22lr 10 to 1 over any other caliber. My sons first guns were 22's and by far his favorites.

Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always

Old 06-25-2012, 04:57 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by powell0892 View Post
1. 1022
2. 20 ga pump
3. 12ga 1100
5. Glock 19
6. Beretta cx4
7. Taurus .357
8. On the way ar15

And my first 10:

1. M14
2. M16 (both provided by Uncle Sam as bearrwe predicted)
3. Marlin 336C 30-30 (first gun I bought, 1970)
4. Marlin/Glenfield Model 60
5. Ruger Mark I
6. German Luger
7. Colt 1911
8. S&W Model 19
9. Remington 870 Wingmaster with three barrels
10. Argentine Ballester Molina 45ACP

My first AR was a Charter Arms AR-7 that I got in the late '70s!

______

Closed Thread