NEED SUGGESTIONS! AR upper build. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > NEED SUGGESTIONS! AR upper build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Just gonna throw in that I've been taught to looks at weight a lot and the lightest rails I've seen spec wise are first SPIKES SAR 12" or 13.2" and Daniel Defense LITE 12"

Old 05-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-mark
since you are not using a FSP, I would go with a longer rail for better fore grip position and more accessory versatility...i.e.-better bipod position, if you end up using one. Since you will most likely be pinning your muzzle device, choose your rail wisely because if you choose a rail with a proprietary nut, you most likely will not be switching to something different if you later changed your mind. Personally, I think a 14.5" with a pinned BABC would look awesome with a 15" Samson Evolution Rail!

Regarding the Noveske NSR Rail...So far Rainier Arms are the only ones that have had them, that I know of...but I just got the go ahead to put in an order myself, so you should be seeing most all Noveske dealers carrying them shortly. VLTOR is changing their VIS uppers tot he new KeyMod system, so both the new VIS and the NSR will be sharing the same mounting system. there are direct-attach accessories, as well as add-on rail sections in the works. There is also a 16.5" NSR version in the works.

On an unrelated note, I got word from Noveske today that all of their rifles will include ALG ACT triggers from now on!
Thanks for the news.

One thing that might be of concern is the 15" rail over a 14.5" barrel depending on how one grips the rail. My finger often are at the very end of my rail. It might get a little hairy having my hand over a 1/2" of BigAssBattleComp. Normally I like my hands on a nice big ass but the one we are talking about spews hot lead filled gases and sparks .